Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights

Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
OOO Poseidon

Three Rings
Exclamation Steam purchase problems? Read this!

To be able to make a purchase, the Steam overlay needs to be activated.

You can enable this in your Steam client Settings under the "In game" tab -> "Enable Steam Community In-Game". That check box needs to be checked. Restart Spiral Knights after you made this change!

If this option is activated, but the overlay does not work, please ensure that all your drivers are up to date and follow the trouble-shooting list found in our Technical Issues walk through.

If you're having trouble purchasing an Expansion Mission in-game, try getting it via the Steam page, or via your Steam client.

(Poseidon, GM on Spiral Knights)

Last edited by OOO Jessica: 02-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
d0gr0ck

I just added that in-game mail on this subject to the sticky up top too.
d0gr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
ttjereth

I have the overlay enabled both in the steam settings and the settings for spiral knights and can use it to chat etc. fine, but it still won't let me buy CE. It gives me the "there's a snipe in the gears... try again later" message everytime.
ttjereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Tjappie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttjereth View Post
I have the overlay enabled both in the steam settings and the settings for spiral knights and can use it to chat etc. fine, but it still won't let me buy CE. It gives me the "there's a snipe in the gears... try again later" message everytime.
I had the same problem, panicing for 2 days bothering their Gm's Lawl.

Make a steam ticket for the billing issue, thats what i did.
They will ''Unlock your account from paying''
once that is done you will get the overlay.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Bingojubes

is it possible to buy more CE? i think i max out through steam, because it wont let me buy more than 40k of CE

the in-game trader for CE says i have reached my steam limit for my account. i have already purchased 40K of CE for 100$, and would like to buy more.

Last edited by Bingojubes: 06-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Bingojubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Noobsauze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojubes View Post
is it possible to buy more CE? i think i max out through steam, because it wont let me buy more than 40k of CE

the in-game trader for CE says i have reached my steam limit for my account. i have already purchased 40K of CE for 100$, and would like to buy more.
What it means is that you have already bought the limit of 100 dollars worth of energy and have to wait about a month to have the limit cap raised to 200 dollars. This is to prevent fraud, but it can also be very annoying. I myself has this problem right now not being able to buy any more energy.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
mikez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobsauze View Post
What it means is that you have already bought the limit of 100 dollars worth of energy and have to wait about a month to have the limit cap raised to 200 dollars. This is to prevent fraud, but it can also be very annoying. I myself has this problem right now not being able to buy any more energy.
If you contact them at https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail they can raise your limit early, make sure you include a character name.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
aditzx

I have the same problem but I never bought any CE before
I tried the Steam overlay on and off but stil couldnt get the CE
any idea why?
aditzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
jagpanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
If you contact them at https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail they can raise your limit early, make sure you include a character name.
Been there, done that. It seems that the Steam wallet is a different item. I know because I still could not purchase more energy, but allowed me to buy a battle pack. WTF is going on???
jagpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
kaichanti

same problem as jagpanzer, not recognizing steam wallet and ive waited my month.

Is there a way to just get rid of this stupid filtering entirely? :< I'm trying to forge weapons here. xD
~Kai
kaichanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #11
Dokem

If you get too many fails in steam you account might get blocked. I recommend contact steam support and ask to check your account. They will solve any issues.

Other than that, there is this 100 USD limit for the first month and to solve that the answer was already given.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Rorscatch

How can you redeem Steam Cards? I am getting some because of the Hunter Prize packs and I looked around where you purchase Steam money and couldn't find where to redeem the codes. All I could find was the Paypa, Visa, Mastercard and all that stuff. Any info on this?
Rorscatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights