Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
OOO Poseidon
 
Three Rings
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 29
Posts: 32
Exclamation Steam purchase problems? Read this!

To be able to make a purchase, the Steam overlay needs to be activated.

You can enable this in your Steam client Settings under the "In game" tab -> "Enable Steam Community In-Game". That check box needs to be checked. Restart Spiral Knights after you made this change!

If this option is activated, but the overlay does not work, please ensure that all your drivers are up to date and follow the trouble-shooting list found in our Technical Issues walk through.

If you're having trouble purchasing an Expansion Mission in-game, try getting it via the Steam page, or via your Steam client.

(Poseidon, GM on Spiral Knights)

Last edited by OOO Jessica: 02-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.
OOO Poseidon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
d0gr0ck
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 73
Posts: 637
I just added that in-game mail on this subject to the sticky up top too.
d0gr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
ttjereth
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
I have the overlay enabled both in the steam settings and the settings for spiral knights and can use it to chat etc. fine, but it still won't let me buy CE. It gives me the "there's a snipe in the gears... try again later" message everytime.
ttjereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Tjappie
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttjereth View Post
I have the overlay enabled both in the steam settings and the settings for spiral knights and can use it to chat etc. fine, but it still won't let me buy CE. It gives me the "there's a snipe in the gears... try again later" message everytime.
I had the same problem, panicing for 2 days bothering their Gm's Lawl.

Make a steam ticket for the billing issue, thats what i did.
They will ''Unlock your account from paying''
once that is done you will get the overlay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Bingojubes
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 9
Posts: 135
is it possible to buy more CE? i think i max out through steam, because it wont let me buy more than 40k of CE

the in-game trader for CE says i have reached my steam limit for my account. i have already purchased 40K of CE for 100$, and would like to buy more.

Last edited by Bingojubes: 06-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Bingojubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Noobsauze
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingojubes View Post
is it possible to buy more CE? i think i max out through steam, because it wont let me buy more than 40k of CE

the in-game trader for CE says i have reached my steam limit for my account. i have already purchased 40K of CE for 100$, and would like to buy more.
What it means is that you have already bought the limit of 100 dollars worth of energy and have to wait about a month to have the limit cap raised to 200 dollars. This is to prevent fraud, but it can also be very annoying. I myself has this problem right now not being able to buy any more energy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
mikez1
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobsauze View Post
What it means is that you have already bought the limit of 100 dollars worth of energy and have to wait about a month to have the limit cap raised to 200 dollars. This is to prevent fraud, but it can also be very annoying. I myself has this problem right now not being able to buy any more energy.
If you contact them at https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail they can raise your limit early, make sure you include a character name.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
aditzx
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 64
I have the same problem but I never bought any CE before
I tried the Steam overlay on and off but stil couldnt get the CE
any idea why?
aditzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #9
jagpanzer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
If you contact them at https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail they can raise your limit early, make sure you include a character name.
Been there, done that. It seems that the Steam wallet is a different item. I know because I still could not purchase more energy, but allowed me to buy a battle pack. WTF is going on???
jagpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
kaichanti
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 6
Posts: 26
same problem as jagpanzer, not recognizing steam wallet and ive waited my month.

Is there a way to just get rid of this stupid filtering entirely? :< I'm trying to forge weapons here. xD
~Kai
kaichanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #11
Dokem
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
If you get too many fails in steam you account might get blocked. I recommend contact steam support and ask to check your account. They will solve any issues.

Other than that, there is this 100 USD limit for the first month and to solve that the answer was already given.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Rorscatch
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
How can you redeem Steam Cards? I am getting some because of the Hunter Prize packs and I looked around where you purchase Steam money and couldn't find where to redeem the codes. All I could find was the Paypa, Visa, Mastercard and all that stuff. Any info on this?
Rorscatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.