Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hunted: The Demonís Forge

Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
compddd

Is there going to be a patch for this game?

Anyone hear anything about a patch coming?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
wsgroves

Have not heard anything. Hopefully to fix some of the issues especially the enemies hit boxes but I would not hold my breath.
wsgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
compddd

Really? They would just leave it as is and that's it?
compddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
Griffin389

I hope they add the walk key if they make a patch.
Griffin389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
BlackAndSilver

they need to address all the multiplayer issues people are having :/
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
wsgroves

Just a FYI Heads Up.

I emailed inexile about a week ago and finally got a reply.

They said all tech support inquiries go to Bethesda.

So I would say no patch, no nothing.
wsgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
compddd

Wow that's a top notch studio and dev team right there!

Not

I will never pre-order another game again. Waiting till reviews are out first now.
compddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
enemyofportal

Banned
I don't know. but I have no problem at all.
enemyofportal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
iambackagain

Banned
I called Bethesda and was on the phone with them explaining that connecting online is simply impossible because there are no instructions stating how. I told them Bethesda has the game advertised that there is co-op. The fact that I have had this game since launch and have never once been able to get into a co-op game by any method currently listed on then net, is false advertising by Bethesda because it's their responsibility to make sure people know how and can use an aspect of a game they say is in there and advertise you can however if you can then I should have been able to connect to at least someone by now. When that didn't go over too well I called inexile and got a hold of someone who forwarded the message I gave to them for the development team regarding the multi-player co-op broken coding.
I highly doubt they will get back to me. in the mean time I have had a game since launch that advertises you can do something that you really cannot...I'm surprised no one has sued them for false advertisement yet.

And before anyone starts up about this do not bother saying portforward 7777 because that statement means absolutely jack crap and does not explain how to connect also do not bother saying TUNGLE or Hamachi work because I spent a half hour trying to connect with a friend last night through Tungle with us inviting each other via online as well as ALN and never could with either option. I then spent another hour trying to just connect to anyone via Tungle using online and LAN, never found 1 person.

Tried the same thing with Hamachi with friends,

connecting to this game co-op is simply not possible and I'm done reading people saying I got it working or forward ports without going through anything about it..

Before anyone says port forward then need to go through and show exactly every single thing they are doing and i mean every small little thing ...in other words if you are going to say to someone forward ports then you better start with a video using narration that says ok first you select this option found here, next you type this into this box here. The same goes for Tungle and or Hamachi.

I really am sick of seeing people say they get things working that have no way of knowing. What do you expect, people just to magically somehow just instantly read hmm port forwarding..oh yeah that means do this...BS....

Either provide every small thing you did to get it working or don't bother saying it.

Last edited by iambackagain: 06-27-2011 at 06:13 PM.
iambackagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
Griffin389

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambackagain View Post
I called Bethesda and was on the phone with them explaining that connecting online is simply impossible because there are no instructions stating how. I told them Bethesda has the game advertised that there is co-op. The fact that I have had this game since launch and have never once been able to get into a co-op game by any method currently listed on then net, is false advertising by Bethesda because it's their responsibility to make sure people know how and can use an aspect of a game they say is in there and advertise you can however if you can then I should have been able to connect to at least someone by now. When that didn't go over too well I called inexile and got a hold of someone who forwarded the message I gave to them for the development team regarding the multi-player co-op broken coding.
I highly doubt they will get back to me. in the mean time I have had a game since launch that advertises you can do something that you really cannot...I'm surprised no one has sued them for false advertisement yet.

And before anyone starts up about this do not bother saying portforward 7777 because that statement means absolutely jack crap and does not explain how to connect also do not bother saying TUNGLE or Hamachi work because I spent a half hour trying to connect with a friend last night through Tungle with us inviting each other via online as well as ALN and never could with either option. I then spent another hour trying to just connect to anyone via Tungle using online and LAN, never found 1 person.

Tried the same thing with Hamachi with friends,

connecting to this game co-op is simply not possible and I'm done reading people saying I got it working or forward ports without going through anything about it..

Before anyone says port forward then need to go through and show exactly every single thing they are doing and i mean every small little thing ...in other words if you are going to say to someone forward ports then you better start with a video using narration that says ok first you select this option found here, next you type this into this box here. The same goes for Tungle and or Hamachi.

I really am sick of seeing people say they get things working that have no way of knowing. What do you expect, people just to magically somehow just instantly read hmm port forwarding..oh yeah that means do this...BS....

Either provide every small thing you did to get it working or don't bother saying it.
Heeey can u ask them about the walking key ? why isn't there one on they keyboard ?And no ,i don't want to play with a pad on the pc,i try to contact the support but no luck.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #11
iambackagain

Banned
Quote:
Heeey can u ask them about the walking key ? why isn't there one on they keyboard ?And no ,i don't want to play with a pad on the pc,i try to contact the support but no luck.
I'll save you the trouble, the only thing tech support does is explain about Graphical issues and some game settings. If you ask the tech support people about anything devloper related, you will be met with, that's not in our job description.

it's ok because i'm going to call them back and continue calling them back until the bastards decide to explain the exact procedure for port forwarding.

Their argument is that it's not their responsibility to deal with 3rd part information (Which apparently a router falls under) and their responsibility to only go over what is involved with game problem. My response to that is this: Well you pay for the game and the co-op is part of the game, so yes explaining how to connect to co-op is in fact Bethesdas responsibility. I also told them just telling people to port forward 7777 is not explaining to them how to connect. I said I have a game I paid for, and cannot use what I pay for because you people cannot explain how to use your own aspect which is what you just said at the the beginning of this discussion is Bethesdas responsibility. He said I never said that...I said yes you did, you said that when you said You are responsible for takeing care of aspects in the game which is what co-op is.
anyway this went around in circles as you can imagine. I wound up saying this is technically false advertising then because you cannot advertise co-op as part of what can be done, then not have co-op work. He said it does work, I said ok then if that's true, then why can't I connect to co-op since I've had this game...and this went back in a circle of our previous conversation.

I asid to the guy look if you do not explain to people where and how exactly to put the numbers 7777 so that it works, then no you have no explained to any consumer how to use co-op, something Bethesda is in fact respionsible for... I said you cannot say Even though it's in the game, part of it, and a function of the game but yet it's not Bethesda's responsibility to explain how to use one of their aspects in their games they published.

Basiclaly this person was a tardvark (Tarddvark = Ardvark)

Also dont' bother calling Inxile either, I called them and got ahold of someone there to get a message to someone, the message obviously got thrown out or never delivered...I have half a mind to call them back as well.

Anyway I'll keep updating people on the phone conversations...This is far from done yet with me and Bethesda and possibly inXile
iambackagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
Griffin389

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambackagain View Post
I'll save you the trouble, the only thing tech support does is explain about Graphical issues and some game settings. If you ask the tech support people about anything devloper related, you will be met with, that's not in our job description.

it's ok because i'm going to call them back and continue calling them back until the bastards decide to explain the exact procedure for port forwarding.

Their argument is that it's not their responsibility to deal with 3rd part information (Which apparently a router falls under) and their responsibility to only go over what is involved with game problem. My response to that is this: Well you pay for the game and the co-op is part of the game, so yes explaining how to connect to co-op is in fact Bethesdas responsibility. I also told them just telling people to port forward 7777 is not explaining to them how to connect. I said I have a game I paid for, and cannot use what I pay for because you people cannot explain how to use your own aspect which is what you just said at the the beginning of this discussion is Bethesdas responsibility. He said I never said that...I said yes you did, you said that when you said You are responsible for takeing care of aspects in the game which is what co-op is.
anyway this went around in circles as you can imagine. I wound up saying this is technically false advertising then because you cannot advertise co-op as part of what can be done, then not have co-op work. He said it does work, I said ok then if that's true, then why can't I connect to co-op since I've had this game...and this went back in a circle of our previous conversation.

I asid to the guy look if you do not explain to people where and how exactly to put the numbers 7777 so that it works, then no you have no explained to any consumer how to use co-op, something Bethesda is in fact respionsible for... I said you cannot say Even though it's in the game, part of it, and a function of the game but yet it's not Bethesda's responsibility to explain how to use one of their aspects in their games they published.

Basiclaly this person was a tardvark (Tarddvark = Ardvark)

Also dont' bother calling Inxile either, I called them and got ahold of someone there to get a message to someone, the message obviously got thrown out or never delivered...I have half a mind to call them back as well.

Anyway I'll keep updating people on the phone conversations...This is far from done yet with me and Bethesda and possibly inXile
Mate you rock ! You are the voice of the community here,give em hell !!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
BlackAndSilver

i guess thats how to get stuff done lol, keep us updated man!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
olegsomphane

Thumbs up: this portforward solution does not work when you have 2 computers on the same router and you want to play with people outside your network.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #15

to iambackagain: it sucks your having to go through so much trouble trying to get co-op to work, i've read a few of your posts on various threads.

you mentioned calling up both the developer and the publisher of the game to see if they could help you forward port 7777 on your router.

technically the ports on your router are none of the games buisness, infact it would be bad if installed software could manipulate the ports on a hardware router, so i can see thier perspective on not helping with "3rd party" issues.

however, it is your router manufacturers responcability to help you forward ports.

have you not tried calling your routers tech support? its thier job to walk you through the process.

as for ppl posting links not really helping, i see your point, but i sorta disagree as forum posts are read by all sorts of ppl over many years, chances are the random helpfull point in the right direction actually does help those more tech savy then not, they just don't help you personally with this problem right now, the posts will be around for years for other ppl to find by "googling" and maybe help.

anyway my point is try contacting your router tech support, they should be able to walk you step by step. they might even have a remote assistance tech support set-up.
avatar82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hunted: The Demonís Forge