Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series

Old 06-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
eonixkeiichi

Dungeon Siege II: Broken World

What are the chances of getting this on Steam? Or is it already on Steam and I haven't noticed it?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
DadouXIII

I'm also wondering if the first two games come with expansions!
DadouXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
halororor

I'd love if I can actually buy the first two games on Steam. Especially the first, seeing as it's one of the games that was there for the larger part of my childhood.

I hope now that DS3 is out, Steam makes them available, with their expansions. never played Legends of Aranna.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
eonixkeiichi

If you Pre-Ordered Dungeon Siege III, you got solo version of I and II for free. Which is why I was asking about the expansion for II. I've been playing I, but never knew it had expansions. Seeing expansions for these would be really nice.
eonixkeiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
TheMysterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonixkeiichi View Post
If you Pre-Ordered Dungeon Siege III, you got solo version of I and II for free. Which is why I was asking about the expansion for II. I've been playing I, but never knew it had expansions. Seeing expansions for these would be really nice.
I think Broken World was much better and more interesting than DS2 Vanilla.

Some of the strategy elements removed in DS2 Vanilla are actually back.
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
eltaro

Your hopes are in vain. They are not planning to release the expansions for the first two games on steam. Simply because people will be playing those instead of DS3. There are many reasons why it is not for their own good to release expansions for older titles.

The first two games came as a bonus. And cannot be bought separately on steam even after DS3 came out. This means DS1 and DS2 are not treated as separate titles on steam.

A line from steam:

Caution: Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II are available only as a part of Dungeon Siege III Pre-Purchase offer.

Another line from steam:

Buy Dungeon Siege III Deluxe Edition
Deluxe Edition includes single player versions of Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II.

To back my argument up even more: Obsidian will be busy making DLCs and patches for DS3. They will not have any time to get the expansions of DS1&2 working on steam as they have problems getting DS3 working properly on steam e.g. achievements.

Last edited by eltaro: 06-19-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
Silvador

Wait, Dungeon Siege 2 had an expansion?!

! I have to find that er somewhere and get it.
Silvador is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Siege series