Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series

Old 06-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Jab_Bauer

Make steam launch game with different exe name?

Brotherhood doesn't seem to run well with crossfire enabled and after searching online, a good fix is to rename the exe to AssassinsCreedIIGame.exe

The fix is perfect, however I cannot launch the game through steam. I have to run it manually. Is there a way (perhaps in the launch options) to make it run my renamed exe instead of ACBSP.exe?
Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Rykerrk

You could manually "add a non-steam game" in the tools and point a shortcut at your renamed executable. Right click the shortcut after you add it and change the name to a personally pleasing title and you're good to go.

Note that it won't actually log your game access like it would have if it were launching the game directly from a Steam direct link, but the overlay will function exactly the same as if you were, so you get about 6/8ths functionality that way.

It's sloppy but it works. Don't think there's a way to manually change official Steam shortcuts, as Steam tends to update/overwrite anything it deems to be out of place anyways. I had a widescreen patch in KotOR that Steam kept blasting out of the water. I know this is apples and oranges, but I'm just saying. ;p
Rykerrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Jab_Bauer

Yeah, I figured I could do that but I wanted steam to track my time.
Jab_Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Assassin's Creed series