Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights

Old 06-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
LoneylS

What's wrong with this game?!

I download this game and start to play.
and once i join the Jorney to Haven-the first map after Rescue Camp 2,i found my game crashed every time i stepped upstairs after going through the first little gate.
HELL,man.And help!
if it is windowed,the window will just disappear.if it is fullscreened,it will just freeze.
but when i check the task manager,i found the Process of this program is still there.
then i open the program again and logon,i found that i can still go on playing.but it crashed again-in the same way.
then there are two cpoies of the Process in the task maneger.

omg.anyone helps?

p.s my operation system is win7,and my CPUx4.
Video card :ATI Rxxxxxxx HD 5770

oh,thank starlinvf ver much.copy the floder "bin" to java_vm.it works.and i enjoy playing it.thank you.

Last edited by LoneylS: 06-25-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
starlinvf

Have you tried running the verify game cache option in steam? Other then that, it could be a video card driver issues (ATI cards hate OpenGL for some reason).
starlinvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
mr.brick

i have the same problem: after entering that gate my game just disappears. when i open up my task manager, it isn't there, and when i start the game again, it puts me in the location where my game crashed. after a couple seconds my game crashes again etc.
mr.brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Moleculor

Update Java.
Update your drivers.

The game is probably not at fault, your computer is. Even if those two solutions don't fix it.
Moleculor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
LoneylS

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlinvf View Post
Have you tried running the verify game cache option in steam? Other then that, it could be a video card driver issues (ATI cards hate OpenGL for some reason).
Ati Exactly...T^T
Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
LoneylS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moleculor View Post
Update Java.
Update your drivers.

The game is probably not at fault, your computer is. Even if those two solutions don't fix it.
Java of the latest version has been downloaded and installed,but it didn't work.
i'm going to try the other way.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
starlinvf

The steam version of the game uses its own java package in the java_vm folder, which is very old. You can copy the bin folder from your system installed java into java_vm to update Spiral Knights.

For the drivers, I've run across to possible solutions for most problems. First is to roll back to Catalyst 11.2, or you can change Catalyst AI to use Standard settings (I think it defaults to performance).
starlinvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #8
LoneylS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlinvf View Post
The steam version of the game uses its own java package in the java_vm folder, which is very old. You can copy the bin folder from your system installed java into java_vm to update Spiral Knights.

For the drivers, I've run across to possible solutions for most problems. First is to roll back to Catalyst 11.2, or you can change Catalyst AI to use Standard settings (I think it defaults to performance).
oh~thanks.i'll try~
again~thanks a lot~

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights