Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms

Old 06-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Alan_B

Unable to launch AVA

I downloaded AVA on Steam and have been trying to make it run since Sunday but the game will not launch. Reactor loads and then goes to the Game Launcher. After logging in and clicking 'Game Start', it checks for patches and then loads AVA.exe but the AVA process only stays active for a couple of seconds before closing.

I have looked through the ijji forums and have tried solutions from there and I know of issues with some Internet security programs (I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011). I made sure that AVA was not being blocked and is trusted but it will still not launch. I have found however that I may have some files missing from the steam download. I do not have the files GameGuard.ver, GameMon.des or ijjiOptimizer.exe. I re-verified my steam download but these files are still not anywhere in the AVA folders.

I re-verified the game with my security completely disabled but still did not get these files, even though the verification revealed a couple of files were missing and downloaded those. No matter what I do, these 3 missing files do not download.

Can anyone confirm that the Steam version's files are slightly different to the normal AVA one's? I already know it's using a mini version of Reactor not the full one, which is just for launching the game via Steam.

I have located GameGuard.ver and GameMon.des from another game I have installed and copied them into the AVA/Binaries folder. I am still missing the ijjiOptimizer.exe file.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Alan_B

Come on GM_AVA, I know you have been on here since I posted this but you haven't replied. It seems to be the same on the ijji forums too, so at the moment I have no confidence in customer service related to this game. Surely you can at least give me a link to download the missing files and see if it works?
Alan_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
Hitmanmafia

Exact Same problem here....I havnt even played this game and Im very discourage now.
Hitmanmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 AM   #4
1337pwn3r

Same problem here.. installed, tried launching and the AVA launcher won't let me sign in. I click, nothing happens. In fact I can't even X it out. I have to right click it in the task bar and close window.
1337pwn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
MicBenSte

It's solved now, but I got a lot of 'Failed to download XML-file' errors when trying to launch AVA for the first time. It didn't happen whether I disabled protection or not.
MicBenSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
GM_AVA

ijji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_B View Post
I downloaded AVA on Steam and have been trying to make it run since Sunday but the game will not launch. Reactor loads and then goes to the Game Launcher. After logging in and clicking 'Game Start', it checks for patches and then loads AVA.exe but the AVA process only stays active for a couple of seconds before closing.

I have looked through the ijji forums and have tried solutions from there and I know of issues with some Internet security programs (I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011). I made sure that AVA was not being blocked and is trusted but it will still not launch. I have found however that I may have some files missing from the steam download. I do not have the files GameGuard.ver, GameMon.des or ijjiOptimizer.exe. I re-verified my steam download but these files are still not anywhere in the AVA folders.

I re-verified the game with my security completely disabled but still did not get these files, even though the verification revealed a couple of files were missing and downloaded those. No matter what I do, these 3 missing files do not download.

Can anyone confirm that the Steam version's files are slightly different to the normal AVA one's? I already know it's using a mini version of Reactor not the full one, which is just for launching the game via Steam.

I have located GameGuard.ver and GameMon.des from another game I have installed and copied them into the AVA/Binaries folder. I am still missing the ijjiOptimizer.exe file.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I apologize for the late response. When you try to launch A.V.A, do you see GameGuard updating in the top left corner of your screen?
GM_AVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Secura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_AVA View Post
I apologize for the late response. When you try to launch A.V.A, do you see GameGuard updating in the top left corner of your screen?
With this issue there are no GameGuard loading screens or processes. The optimizer loads a process but does nothing. After that AVA.exe crashes and gives this error:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ava.exe
Application Version: 1.2.1.3
Application Timestamp: 4de781cc
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0002e8f4
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: e8ad
Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
Additional Information 3: e8ad
Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Edit* i have tried re-downloading with and without my Internet Security active, but still gives the same issue.
Secura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
GM_AVA

ijji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secura View Post
With this issue there are no GameGuard loading screens or processes. The optimizer loads a process but does nothing. After that AVA.exe crashes and gives this error:

Edit* i have tried re-downloading with and without my Internet Security active, but still gives the same issue.
Thanks for the update Secura, I'm forwarding this message to our tech team now. I'll update you guys as soon as I have more information.
GM_AVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Secura

Quote:
Thanks for the update Secura, I'm forwarding this message to our tech team now. I'll update you guys as soon as I have more information.
good to hear.
Secura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
kaleckton

Yea heres a quick model for my computer
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 GHz
DDR2 8.0 GB
750.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm
560 ti asus 1 gig ddr5
I'm as computer lirate as they come, in fact this computer is a cg 5270 and i've modified everything on this board except the ram, processor, and the main motherboard (although some chips have been removed and replaced by other things) This is the first game I ran into that I could not play and was hoping to get into the contest. sad, be nice to win a new computer. Was hoping to upgrade my home internet connection so that i could start up a at home server with this computer and my home network computer. oh well guess i'll have to wait my 6 month savings lmao.

Operating system is window 7.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
timmy tissue

i have this issue, i and i think the original poster see GameGuard update before the exe dies. not sure why secura is speaking for the OP
timmy tissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
Alan_B

Quote:
Sorry, I haven't been able to get back on here until now.

GameGuard does not update at the top left of the screen but as I have already said, some of the files appear to be missing. Everything in the AVA folder is trusted by my internet security. I have 1 or 2 other games that use GameGuard and they work fine, so GameGuard itself is not blocked. I don't get any kind of error message at all. It gets to the point where AVA.exe is running but after a couple of seconds it terminates with no message at all.

Would it be possible to upload the GameGuard files and the ijjiOptimizer from a working installation, to an online file server? Then I can download them manually and put them into the AVA folders to see if it will run.

I know a lot of people are having the same issue and if I can help solve it, maybe the Steam download can be updated.

Last edited by Alan_B: 06-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Alan_B

I have another update regarding the issue. All of the following was done with my internet security disabled.

I validated the install just now and 1 file was missing again which was then downloaded. I validated again straight away, before trying to run the game and it said all of the files were installed. I then tried to launch AVA and had the same problem as always but then validated again and sure enough a file was missing.

It seems every time I try to launch AVA, a file is deleted but I don't know which file it is. I think it is a problem in relation to patching the game but I don't know why.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
timmy tissue

just tryed to start it again, it updated and so did GameGuard but ava.exe still disappears 6 seconds or so after GameGuard updates. it used to stick arouidn a bit longer, but the issue remains.
timmy tissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #15
kaleckton

i say that the Reactor launcher does not connect to the application in the binaries, which causes an error forcing the application to fail and crash. I dont get an error because none is made because the game does not know what happens because something is telling it is working. I could be wrong on the last part but most of it seems true.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms