Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms

Old 06-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
hydron69

Angry Lost connection to server...

I have a problem with the game Alliance of Valiant Arms on Steam. Well, after about 5 minutes chatting games like this message pops up: "Lost connection to server. Exiting game in 20 seconds", and also after about 5 minutes, but now in the game menu this message: "Failed to get authenticated by Game Guard" . I do not know fully what to do, I'll add that a few days ago when I downloaded the game from Steam, everything was in order. Checked the consistency of the game files, file defragmentation done it all game and still did not help.

Please help.

@EDIT: I would add that the methods described by GM_AVA in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1938882 not help.

Last edited by hydron69: 06-21-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
GM_AVA

ijji
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydron69 View Post
I have a problem with the game Alliance of Valiant Arms on Steam. Well, after about 5 minutes chatting games like this message pops up: "Lost connection to server. Exiting game in 20 seconds", and also after about 5 minutes, but now in the game menu this message: "Failed to get authenticated by Game Guard" . I do not know fully what to do, I'll add that a few days ago when I downloaded the game from Steam, everything was in order. Checked the consistency of the game files, file defragmentation done it all game and still did not help.

Please help.

@EDIT: I would add that the methods described by GM_AVA in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1938882 not help.
Hello hydron69,

I'm assuming there is some program or file on your PC that is conflicting with GameGuard resulting in the errors you've been receiving.

I know that you've already tried the methods I provided in the thread you linked to but if you don't mind, could you please ensure that any unnecessary programs or process are closed when you launch and play A.V.A?
GM_AVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
hydron69

Yes, all unnecessary applications that could run in the background are turned off, except of course Steam, which is known to be activated during the game needs. Anti-virus is disabled, the firewall also.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
GM_AVA

ijji
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydron69 View Post
Yes, all unnecessary applications that could run in the background are turned off, except of course Steam, which is known to be activated during the game needs. Anti-virus is disabled, the firewall also.
Would you mind providing the following information? This will help us investigate the issue further.

Retrieving your .ERL Files:
1. Find your A.V.A folder directory and locate the Binaries folder (default location: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ava\Binaries\).
2. Locate the GameGuard folder.
3. Right-click the GameGuard folder and compress the file into a .zip or .rar form.
4. Upload your compressed GameGuard folder to an upload website (http://www.mediafire.com/ for example).
5. Post your DxDiag.txt uploaded link here.
GM_AVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
hydron69

GameGuard folder: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ksc5kbrmkd9b3d

DxDiag.txt: http://www.mediafire.com/?x43fs2d6747reix
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
hydron69

I'm sorry to say that here in posts or something, but I wonder now and I will ask this question: now what? When can I normally play this game?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
arron1718

i have the same issue
it seems to be an issue with gameguard

after a lot of googling its not just this game
loads of other games that use gamegaurd have the exact same issue

i need a fix coz i can only play 5 mins at a time before it dc me

maybe it could be made to reconnect instead of closing the game down?
arron1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
Nytoloth

I had the same and fixed it

I pulled my hair out for ages with this until I found a solution that worked for me.

I think my problem was Gameguard crashing, or at least unloading and shutting down.

Download Process Lasso and add GameMon.des as a process that must always run:

Options-> Processes to keep running
Then the full path to the GameMon.des.

In my case: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\ava\Binaries\GameGuard\G ameMond.des
(the "browse" button in Process Lasso is looking for a .exe file, so you to type it in manually (or cut and paste the file path)

Sterted Reactor and started playing and it worked.

Played solidly for several hours without issue or disconnection.

Hope this works for the rest of you.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
arron1718

just about to copy that from ijji forum lol you beat me to it

btw it does work
it wont let you add gamemond.des so just copy the address of it into address area in lasso

now gameguard wont shutdown and we can play

btw devs the issue is gameguard closes because it has not the correct priorty settting, when set to 'Above normal' it works fine
arron1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
fluxcat

Doesn't work for me. Pretty tired of jumping through these hoops when the game used to just work. This is a good way to lose players.
fluxcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
Nytoloth

Sadly my exuberance was short lived.

Back to getting dumped, but this time after 10-15 minutes.

Tried all sorts over the last week:
thread priority,
running without anything, just a normal setup
cpu affinity,
keeping it loaded

etc
etc

nothing works.

I'm, now investigating if there any hacks for gameguard - don't want to hack in game, that p**ses me off, just want to be able to play.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
Nytoloth

sigh

Thought I'd cracked it, had a whole evening yesterday of game playing enjoyment.

Today, got a new "unable to be authenticated by Gameguard" error - at least it was a new error though.

I've tried EVERYTHING, from tweaking services, to files, to reinstalls, to doing nothing at all.

nothing seems to work.

anyway, for anyone who cares: my ERLs &DXdiag.
(such a shame, as I LOVE this game)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0m52jf...meGuard-erl.7z

and this is the Error:log from Event Viewer

Faulting application name: ava.exe, version: 1.2.1.3, time stamp: 0x4e3bb2d2
Faulting module name: steam.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e0cad65
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x301f05d2
Faulting process id: 0x150
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc5fa1afdebadd
Faulting application path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\ava\Binaries\ava.exe
Faulting module path: steam.dll
Report Id: f5368115-cb94-11e0-b33f-0009dd50865a

Last edited by Nytoloth: 08-20-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #13
bradgillis

I have the same issue ... http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gbcgvwjbkhcmtsn

Check it if u can please, ty
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
Nytoloth

update

After some extensive checking, I've got further, not saying it's fixed, time will tell, but it's definitely better.

Tracked down the steam.dll unloading error - from another thread that I can't search again right now (seriously 1 minute between searches, why?)

I followed the instructions of another Windows 7 Ultimate user and deleted everything from Steam folder, except, Steam.exe, Steam.dll and Steamapps.
Restarted Steam and it updated itself.

About 10 minutes in, "Lost connection to server"

But no error message about steam.dll unloading, so I think that fixed it.
What event had was a warning about IDriverT being corrupt (and had been accessed about 90 seconds before the game crashed)

"The description for Event ID 0 from source IDriverT cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."
IDriveT is part of InstallShield, found (on my machine at least) in two folders:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32
and
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\9\Intel 32

IDriverT was running so I killed it and renamed bot folders (googling suggest you NEED them).

I also kept Process Lasso runinng in Game Mode, but turned off Pro-Balance (I had done that before in tests without success, but didn't think it would harm things)

Whether that is related to anything, I have no idea, but have just managed 4 hours of uninterrupted gameplay.

wasn't sure which one made any difference, or even if it's fixed at all. We'll see tomorrow.

Interestingly, game wise, I was back to getting 49-60fps in-game, I wonder if the scrubbing of the Steam Client folder had anything to do with that?

If you're steam.dll unload on you too (pun intended), I think the flushing of the Steam Folder is a good one, it worked for me, or appears to have .
Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #15
Nytoloth

Just to report back I think I've solved my probl;em:

Got utterly narked off with it all, renamed my old aVa folder and downloaded it again - luckily I still unlimited download usage.

This *seems* to have resolved it, three days of game play no disconnections whatsoever.

Sadly though, it's brought back my steam.dll unloaded error that causes ava not to shut down properly, attempting to rectify by my previous method:

remove everything but steamapps, steam.dll and steam.exe.

But at least I'm able to actually play.. albeit in my lame-o noob style.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alliance of Valiant Arms