Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #31
KillerJuan77

Guys:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...ture_Pack.html
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...rade_Pack.html

While the patch isn't avaiable yet you can still download the DX11 pack and the texture pack.
KillerJuan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #32
Waco_Bob

sweet
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #33
WarDog64

i wonder if we'll get the update via steam after valve booted crysis 2 out of the store???

usually steam releases require a steam specific patch. i wonder where *we* stand now?
WarDog64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #34
Cocacola123

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneO'Roo View Post
I am so sick and tired of hearing the "crysis 2 isn't as good looking as crysis 1" bull.

Has anyone actually played crysis 1 lately? Low res terrible beach rocks and cliffs, dull post etc. Don't even start on the terrible AA for foliage.

Comparing Crysis 2, to Crysis 1 Vanilla, there's no WAY crysis 1 looks better. Crysis 2 modded, plus this coming patch?

I think BF3 would have it's work cut out tbh
How can you tell with all the motion blur.
Cocacola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJuan77 View Post
Guys:

While the patch isn't avaiable yet you can still download the DX11 pack and the texture pack.
What's up with the file size? It doesn't match the description.

I'll just wait for the official links.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #36
soulgraph

DX11 upgrade requires patch 1.9 which is not out till the 27th right?
soulgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #37
LastSon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJuan77 View Post
Guys:

Good post, but I'll wait. Needs update that isn't out yet. Blarg
LastSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
Electronic Punk

Yeah I have ended up with about 2 gig of data, rather than 9, thought it came down quick.

I was able to open both files with Winrar and neither seems corrupt so it should be fine, obviously nothing else I can do with them until Monday.
Electronic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #39
Destructor-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedTruth View Post
I think the hi-res textures will need a full 4 gigs of ram. thats usually why you need a 64bit OS as 32bit cant access any more than 3 gigs. Same as cinematic mod really.

I am looking forward to this patch but hope that it could come through steam.
MAN and my PC have 8 GB of RAM BUT the people who sold me this pc installed windows 7 but the 32 bits edition so i just have 3.24GB of RAM in use ;__; ... LOL WHY????? Now I can install the 64 bits version but i dont want to format the hard driver >: (
Destructor-2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #40
DistortedTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor-2011 View Post
MAN and my PC have 8 GB of RAM BUT the people who sold me this pc installed windows 7 but the 32 bits edition so i just have 3.24GB of RAM in use ;__; ... LOL WHY????? Now I can install the 64 bits version but i dont want to format the hard driver >: (
Well it depends on hard drive space and where the files on your hard drive are, some programs can lump the files at the start of the hard drive for you, but you can partition it, install 64bit on the second partition, then just set that partition to be the default boot drive.

But again it depends on the size of the hard drive and the size of the partition you may want.

If you have 8gigs of ram, then why not use it?

i have 6gigs myself, and when i bought win7 it came with both 32bit and 64bit, so i went with 64bit.
DistortedTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #41
Destructor-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedTruth View Post
Well it depends on hard drive space and where the files on your hard drive are, some programs can lump the files at the start of the hard drive for you, but you can partition it, install 64bit on the second partition, then just set that partition to be the default boot drive.

But again it depends on the size of the hard drive and the size of the partition you may want.

If you have 8gigs of ram, then why not use it?

i have 6gigs myself, and when i bought win7 it came with both 32bit and 64bit, so i went with 64bit.
i want to but... the point of this is: i dont want to pay just for windows 64 bits that is XD.

A question, look my PC is: core i5, 8GB RAM and the GTX 570.

I can play all the games fine with 32 bits but if i install the 64 bits version can I get better fraps in the game and better optimize in the games or stay the same thing? thanks
Destructor-2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #42
DistortedTruth

Quote:
i want to but... the point of this is: i dont want to pay just for windows 64 bits that is XD.

I can play all the games fine with 32 bits but if i install the 64 bits version can I get better fraps in the game and better optimize in the games or stay the same thing? thanks
It depends whether the games you play support 64bits, however i find all my games working as any 32bit games still run in 32bits on the 64bit version.

I use fraps also, i find the best way to have fraps running is to have it save the files to a second big, fast hard drive, i find it doesn't then slow down my game at all.

The big thing about using 64bit is that 64bit uses more memory and uses it effectively. so most programs you use on a regular basis will probably load faster due to being able to store more of the files those programs use in the ram. Also if you are ever rendering a movie, or video clip you have made with fraps then things will go quicker, also other things like compressing files can now access more memory, i use 7zip and compress files the most they will go, the method uses allot of memory but with 6gigs it goes quicker than it ever used to with 32bits.

You have to take into account whether you have any devices too that may need 64bit drivers, because if you cant find those drivers then you cant use that device. If you have a printer or a scanner then check online to see if they have 64bit drivers.

Some older games wont work, but a lot of older games have patches that enable them to work with 64bit/windows 7 - for example, when i got win7 64bit it decided it didn't want to play quake 3 from the disc, but clicking the "setup" file on the disc itself worked fine. other than that there is only one game that has had any issues with win7 for me. but all apart from them have worked without a hitch.

So basically if you are using fraps and playing games then 64bits may be a good option for you, using that extra ram i find goes a long way, and for me personally i find programs running better with 64bit.

I just think that a lot of your ram is going to waste without 64bit.

Maybe someone else has had some difficulty with using 64bit windows 7? but i have yet to find any major issues, if you are going to buy windows 7 though, be sure to buy the windows 7 home premium retail as that should come with two discs, a 32bit and a 64bit disc. - That way if you don't find 64bit to be better then you can revert back to using 32bit, it costs a little extra to have that retail box but i find it better as when i change hardware i like to reinstall windows for a clean fresh start.
DistortedTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #43
JoeH-UK

I just hope there's a similar option for tessellation like Heaven benchmark. Some of the tessellation on that brings my computer to its knees , but i can get some nice 45+FPS with nice IQ also, so hope i crysis 2 gives us abit of option with what to do with tessellation, becuase even a small amount makes a huge difference!
JoeH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #44
helmutcheese

Banned
Quote:

Your hardware is wasted on 32bit!

It is not all about Memory, FarCry was 1st ever game to be patched to 64bit (AMD only back then) and it was about the CPU also!

How can you even see/use 8GB on 32bit and your Video Memory is deducted from the 4GB 32bit total limit immediately, so unless I am missing something your running a PC with 8GB but Windows 32bit can only see 4GB total but will deduct your Video memory (1.25GB) giving you less than 3GB left.

FYI, Windows now states (from Vista SP2 onwards) the total memory in your System Properties not what you can only use so for some it now states 4GB instead of previously 3.25GB (using 4GB Memory with a GPU > GTX 460 with 768MB for example)!

FYI2, All the myths about Hard Drive/Optical Drive /Soundcard cache/memory being deducted are FALSE, as they are local to device not Windows.

Last edited by helmutcheese: 06-23-2011 at 08:37 AM.
helmutcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #45
Witchers

Why would anyone buy 8 GB Ram and then use 32bit in the first place?
32bit os is a waste of moeny. It had some problems but those times are over. Still i have to admit MS is an eyesore. Selling 32bit and 64 bit as 2 versions is pretty much a rip-off.

Not to mention that one cant use Win7 on multiple PCs. Which is pretty stupid, there is no way in hell i would buy an OS two times. Which lead me to still using win2k on my laptop. I would never buy multiple OS if i posess more tahn one PC this is a ripoff aswell. This would be as if you had to buy a movie twice if you want to use it with your DVD-Player in your bedroom and livingroom ...

WTF: someone explain this to me:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-3ebefb3ed799
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-c71881974891

Same question, different answer by the MS-Support ...?

Last edited by Witchers: 06-23-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Witchers is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series