Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
MrOrangeMikey

Once on the Menu it closes the game

Hey I was just wondering why when I press 'Esc' to look on the menu for whatever reason and then hit 'Return to game', it shuts down and says it the game had to be closed because it isn't working properly.

Help would be much appreciated

Old 07-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
mecagoentoooooo

I have the same problem but I donīt know how yo fix that
mecagoentoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
TheOutcast

are you both trying to run it in full screen mode.
TheOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
mecagoentoooooo

That it is not my case... (And I think that MrOrangeMikey have the same problem than me) My problem is, that I canīt return to the game each time that I see the goals, and force powers "pannels", I mean, I canīt use the resume botton to continuing the game, after Iīve have pressed "Esc" during the game, because the game is closed by my f****** Windows Vista Ultimate. By the moment, when I want to read the Goals, see the force powers, and make adjusts, I must save the game first and then load the save game to donīt have problems with Vista. I canīt in addition restart the levels, When I press "Restart mission" The game is closed. I think that fixing something I could press Esc or restart the levels without problems.

Last edited by mecagoentoooooo: 07-21-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Document

Turning off Backbuffer in System Memory fixed the problem for me. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, but it's probably worth trying.

(Speaking personally, it didn't bother me that much; I just got into the habit of pressing Quick Save+Esc when I wanted to check Objectives, then clicking Load+Enter to go back to the game. Trying to find the cause of the problem was more annoying than the problem.)
Document is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
mecagoentoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Document View Post
Turning off Backbuffer in System Memory fixed the problem for me. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, but it's probably worth trying.

(Speaking personally, it didn't bother me that much; I just got into the habit of pressing Quick Save+Esc when I wanted to check Objectives, then clicking Load+Enter to go back to the game. Trying to find the cause of the problem was more annoying than the problem.)
Thank you very much for the answer and for the advice. XD I found the same solution than you a long time ago XD(save + Esc and Load + Enter ) But my problem was, that I forgot a secret place and unfortunately I saved at some place where was not possible return over my steps. XD For that reason, I īve needed a answer. In any case I found accidentaly some way to restart the level some months ago.But thanks for the answer. XD

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II