Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Splinter Cell series

Old 07-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
jayden59

Anyone having problems with xbox controller ?

I have a razor xbox controller plugged into my computer, its made from microsoft. But I selected to use my controller but when I do all the buttons are mixed around.. to duck LT should be cover but instead for some reason select is Cover and alot of other buttons are FUBARED.. any ideas? Will relogging it help?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
PentagonBlack

This is happening to me too. Button layout is all kinds of screwed up. Triggers don't seem to do anything, confirm is set to B when it should be A, cancel is X, and cover is set to the freaking back button. I've never come across a game this wonky with a controller.
PentagonBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
KnownUnknown

Banned
Strange, I had this exact same issue with another Ubisoft game, Assassins's Creed. I had to manually configure the entire button setup for my Xbox gamepad. What's even worse is that the buttons as they were programmed by default didn't match the onscreen prompts.

What the hell Ubisoft?
KnownUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
PentagonBlack

Seriously, this is completely ruining the game for me. Playing a TPS with M/KB just feels wrong to me, but it's literally unplayable with the way the controller is mapped. How am I supposed to hold the back button to stick to cover while using the left stick to move and hitting start to shoot? Was this made for people with a third arm growing out of their chests? Oh, and the pause menu is set to right stick click-in. Amazing.

$4.99 doesn't seem like the fabulous bargain I thought it was a few hours ago...
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
ED13

I was having problems with my wired 360 controller, found this and now it works like it should http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Controller-Fix
ED13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
KnownUnknown

Banned
Apparently the pirated version of Conviction doesn't have this problem. Just sayin', what with the game being an Ubisoft product...

Have you guys tried using a third-party configuration tool, like Xpadder? That one's no longer free, but there are probably similar programs that won't charge you.
KnownUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #7
PentagonBlack

Managed to find a fix after a little digging.

Download this: http://www.fileplanet.com/212510/dow...Creed-I-and-II

1. Extract both files to splinter cell/src/system
2. Open up x360ce.ini and change the 8th line from
Native=0
to
Native=1
3. Close and save

That should put everything in working order.

Last edited by PentagonBlack: 07-23-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Splinter Cell series