Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale

Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Antipunk217

Absolutely would have purchased this game

If it had come out on Steam the same day it came out in general, but then I started reading reviews and quick looks, and I realized that people weren't really enjoying the game.
Apparently there are some fundamentals that are kind of broken, the loots not great, and I forget the other stuff people complained about, but had they just released it on Steam the same day, I would have impulse bought it immediately.
So I guess this is a good thing for me that I didn't buy a game I came to find out that I probably wouldn't like, but unfortunate for Atari and the devs.
Sorry, better luck next time.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
HorrorScope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipunk217 View Post
If it had come out on Steam the same day it came out in general, but then I started reading reviews and quick looks, and I realized that people weren't really enjoying the game.
Apparently there are some fundamentals that are kind of broken, the loots not great, and I forget the other stuff people complained about, but had they just released it on Steam the same day, I would have impulse bought it immediately.
So I guess this is a good thing for me that I didn't buy a game I came to find out that I probably wouldn't like, but unfortunate for Atari and the devs.
Sorry, better luck next time.
Patch came out about a week ago for those who bought the box. It had critical errors, lost skill points, lost powers and saves not working. So far it seems those were corrected. The biggest open issue seems to be some armor textures don't show and you get a solid blue and silver look instead.

Played coop, really fun game, good control, good camera, like diablo but 3rd person over the shoulder. Worth $15.
HorrorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Antipunk217

darn you, now I have to buy and play it.
Antipunk217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
HorrorScope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipunk217 View Post
darn you, now I have to buy and play it.
At least I'm not selling you on a $50 game.

Pretty much all I play is coop games, this was worthy when you take all into consideration.

Liked Hunted a lot and First Templar was good fun to, even though most players didn't even try to give FT a chance, lot better then people think by watching the video. What I like about these two, they just worked really well, no connection-game bugs of notice, in coop games on release day I still think that is the exception.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
JK_DC

How long was it?
JK_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
HorrorScope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_DC View Post
How long was it?
Figure around 10 hours, then you can play through it again with the same chars as many times as you like. The enemies spawn to your level. With ini tweaks you can have an infinite amount of difficulty levels. Max level is 10 though. The plan is to come out with 2 expansions 10-20 and 20-30. They also have pulled the players what they would like to see in general and perhaps additional content before part 2 and 3 is released. New studio and they made some rookie mistakes, QA was too laxed, but then again we know Atari, they will fast track anything.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
Nox

It looks to be a good game, but I am not a fan. It tries too hard to be something I don't think was intended. I was kind of expecting a D&D Inspired branching system of choices closer to a multi-player arcade style romp. It's just too bad they couldn't shed the "go here, do that" system of quests. Honestly, there is so much potential to explore other avenues of game play with such a feature rich environment as D&D. In this, the quest system actually detracts from the game. If they had spent more time coding hack and slash game play elements, adding more levels and maybe multiple storylines all culminating with the Big Bad, they could have actually made a 6-10 hour game, instead of a 3-4 hour game made longer by "quests". My disappointment was pretty much this:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/11/14/

Just substitute Northrend with Daggerdale. So much potential...
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale