Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Donathor

Unhappy Gamepad trouble

I really love this game, although it sometimes drives me up against the wall in frustration. The jumping puzzles are hard enough to be limited by 4 keys on a keyboard and doing it that way didn't work for me. I bought a gamepad (logitech F310)and that makes a lot of difference. However, it only runs fine for an hour or so and then things get crosswired or something: the sounds and music start to stutter first, then video follows, up to a point where the gamepad almost stops functioning. The strange thing is, when the game deteriorates with the gamepad, I can still switch to keyboard and mouse and it works fine again. The whole stuttering only occurs when I use buttons and sticks on the gamepad and only after playing longer than an hour.

At first I thought it was due to framerate, but adjusting that didn't really help. Then I figured my drivers were old, but after updating everything, it's still the same. I tested the gamepad both in XInput and DirectInput mode, with the same result. I even installed an xbox emulator, but it doesn't make any difference.
Restarting the game also doesn't help - I have to restart my computer to make it work normal again. For another hour.

This is frustrating to say the least, especially since it's impossible to save the game whenever you want and often I'm forced to limp my way to the next checkpoint.

Can somebody give me advice? I have spent hours searching the web already, but none of the solutions I found so far work.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Cryme

I`m using an Xbox 360 controller and it`s working like a charm. Maybe it`s the Logitech controller or maybe not. Just a thought.
Cryme
Cryme is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alice: Madness Returns