Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series

Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
-:Bongo:-

Steam Overlay?

Wolfenstein 2009 dosent have it? Or is it just me?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
-MACEDONIAN-

Your not the only one brah. Same problem here. I was thinkin that it maybe xfire, but even with xfire turned completly off, its still the same. And yes steam overlay is checked on the box. It works with all other games, but not with this one. Anyone know anything more ?
-MACEDONIAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
-:Bongo:-

It cant be xfire I dont have it installed, after reading up a bit it seems most of the id games dont have the steam overlay, I was hoping to gat a few good screenshots but its no go, even using print screen gives just a black pic.
-:Bongo:- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Zeitgeist

It's not xfire, it's the way the game is launched through Steam. Steam won't even track your playing time as the game isn't properly loaded, respectively detected by the Steam overlay. I am pretty sure it's like that, because the game loads up a .bat file (the cmd window) first, then the .exe and the overlay is tracking the process of the .bat file (which is terminated after a few seconds), and not the .exe itself how it actually should be.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
El_Cappatain

If you're using Windows 7, You'll prolly be getting this black screen after using the print screen function! Download a free to use version of Fraps, and you can screenshot just fine to BMP format. If you want JPG pics, you'll have to buy a license. Hope that helps a little.
El_Cappatain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
Vermilicious

Indeed, it's because Steam starts a bat file. The thing is that the bat files does nothing except changing the directory and running an executable. That makes no sense!! Even adding a non-steam game shortcut to the executable does not work - the bat file is still magically being run.

Please, can Valve/Activision please fix this issue?? It's been 2 years without a fix! I want to share some screenshots with my friends to show them how awesome it is.

Last edited by Vermilicious: 02-24-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Vermilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Damped

Ha steam overlay doesn't work for wolf 3d or spear of destiny either.
Damped is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series