Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Agent

Old 06-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
TheSeg

Lightbulb Puzzle Agent 2: June 30th!

Letting everyone know that Steam will have Puzzle Agent 2 on June 30th! With Steam stats & achievements!

Once the game's released, it will be up in the Steam store. Till then, there's an official game group for Puzzle Agent 2 for you to join.

See you back in Scoggins soon!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #2
held

I think they will release PA2 in about 7 hours. At the same time TTG released the last episode of BttF: The Game some days ago.
held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Gurbs

Loved this creepy funny gem!
Can't wait to buy the second one and play it with my wife
Gurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Mimness

June 30! I've waited for you for so long!
Mimness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
ONe mOMENT

WOO its out just got it!

And finished! Awesome game, Alot more puzzles... now.. to hope for a number 3

Last edited by ONe mOMENT: 07-01-2011 at 02:16 AM.
ONe mOMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #6
chirs3

I adored the first, and while I enjoyed the second I couldn't help but feel a little let down. I like that the story went deep into WTF territory, but the finale felt like it kinda came out of nowhere for me. Didn't really build up much suspense or tension. And the puzzles seemed easier than the first game.

Still enjoyed it, would still recommend, but I was hoping for more.
chirs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
krallice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONe mOMENT View Post
WOO its out just got it!

And finished! Awesome game, Alot more puzzles... now.. to hope for a number 3
Just d/l'ed it, haven't played it yet. How long did it take you to beat it? I finished the first in like, 2.5 hours
krallice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
held

Quote:
Originally Posted by krallice View Post
Just d/l'ed it, haven't played it yet. How long did it take you to beat it? I finished the first in like, 2.5 hours
I finished it in about 4 to 5 hours, but I also was away from keyboard for some minutes, little breaks. Maybe it's a little bit longer than PA 1, but the puzzles are easier, imo.

Spoiler:
BERMUDA
held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
pth

Can't help but feel disappointed with PA2. It doesn't have that same creepy feeling as the first and it doesn't have that grickle charm from his youtube videos. Not sure what else to say really except I hope they get it right with PA3, if there is one.
pth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #10
ASecondOpinion

I feel the same way as the others here...

I certainly enjoyed the game, I won't deny that, but it just seemed to be a little lacking compared to the first...
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
rartino

I really liked PA1. I bought it on sale 'just because' even though I have found other telltale games to typically be unentertaining. But, PA1 turned out so very different. Unexpected dark absurd humor, and humor derived from atmosphere rather than "telling jokes".

So I bought PA2 without hesitation when it launched. (Also, why launch during steam summer sale? I cannot imagine a worse time to release a game like this...) I haven't had time to play it until now.

During the first 2/3 of the game I am thinking: Wow, the way they continued the story is genius!
Spoiler:
I especially appreciated how they subtly manage to make you doubt that there ever where any hidden people in PA1, making them scary again! That is some genius writing!
I found the puzzles a bit easy and recycled, but it wasn't a big problem since they are still fun, short, time-wasters while advancing the story. In short, I was having a great time.

During the last 1/3 of the game I was just staring in disbelief; "Uh, guys, did someone just cancel your contract, or what?"

The endgame is very disappointing. No proper buildup, it just happens. Tons of loose threads that make no sense (not like in PA1 where the loose threads feel intentional.) I seriously wonder if their boss came in one day when they had finished half of the game and said "Bad news everyone, you have to finish PA2 next week."

Now, if they make a PA3, I will hesitate; even though this is the type of games I want to support.

Suggestion to Telltale: if you go for a PA3, let the player wake up at a moment just before PA2 went downhill, and let the PA2 endgame having been a bad dream. It would actually make a lot of sense in the story...
rartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #12
ONe mOMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by krallice View Post
about 3-4 hours
ONe mOMENT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Agent