Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
slicendice777

Iv'e noticed something recently.

The past few days, I decided to work on my zerker, so I can actually use it effectively on hard, so I am currently farming it, and sharpie, on normal.

The one problem is I keep seeing 2-3 lvl 5 and 6's in almost all the games.

WHAT THE HELL!

Are you telling me your that terrible, or have that big of an ego that you have to stay on normal to stop from dieing?

I see no point in playing normal as lvl 5/6, you will get hardly any exp, it's not even a challenge, you just go around killing any and all zeds in your path, so why do it?

Iv'e just left the second I see some of them, but sometimes just to mess with em I stay during the lobby part until the last second, then leave.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Adder1

*is one of those lvl 6's*

Maybe because they have friends who're beginners and want to help them out?
Adder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
iliketurtles!

I dont see a problem with hanging in normal pubs with high levels. I always hop into normal/hard servers, lvl 6 Sharp and lvl5 beserk. Im just much more comfortable in those servers, Just because I have high levels, doesnt mean im obligated to play on suicidal server.
iliketurtles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
Kellervo713

I occasionally hang out in Normals to either help lower level friends, or to just mess around. If others do show up to play seriously I do what I can to help them out - but I've never had anyone ask me to leave or otherwise me out for playing Philanthropist.
Kellervo713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
ddwmk2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicendice777 View Post

Iv'e just left the second I see some of them, but sometimes just to mess with em I stay during the lobby part until the last second, then leave.

You should stop being a troll. seriously. its not funny to thoese who you trolled. And btw i see no ing problem of me having all my lvl 6s on a normal server. are you saying that lvl 6s are only entitled to play hell on earth / suicidal? We do want a ing change from all the hardcore gaming sometimes and just relax you know?!
ddwmk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
Pasky

If I could find people on HOE and Suicidal servers on the maps I want to play, I wouldn't go to normal but if they're empty I do.
Pasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
ParadoxSalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicendice777 View Post
Are you telling me your that terrible, or have that big of an ego that you have to stay on normal to stop from dieing?
I'm telling you, it's not easy to find a Suicidal server with good ping that isn't either completely full or completely empty.

That and I just bought a new mouse, so yes, I suck until I get used to it.
ParadoxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
daflipp

I'm a bit sick and tired of this "you have to play suicidal with lvl 5 or 6"-talk.
Just because you are level 5 or 6 doesn't mean you're a good or better player than you were with lvl 0-4. In most cases it just means you played a lot. And YES, some ppl are just bad and they know it, that's why they play hard only.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #9
Andy M. J.

I often join hard servers when I just want to chill and have a good time.
Andy M. J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:44 AM   #10
ddwmk2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
I'm a bit sick and tired of this "you have to play suicidal with lvl 5 or 6"-talk.
Just because you are level 5 or 6 doesn't mean you're a good or better player than you were with lvl 0-4. In most cases it just means you played a lot. And YES, some ppl are just bad and they know it, that's why they play hard only.
Seconded... unless your lvl is 0 - 2 on sucidal /hell on earth server... i wont rant at you any other lvls any lower than 3 most arent able to play properly... <have seen lvl 0 sharps trying hell on earth.. oh for the love of...
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #11
geronimo789

Yeah i do play normal or even beginner sometimes. I'm sorry if that upsets you. I also don't go around killwhoring, for that i can use the fakedplayers mutator. I join those low difficulty servers to have a relaxing game, or when i don't want to play the same maps over and over again.

I've been yelled at a couple times on those servers. How am i killwhoring when i only kill stuff that's about to attack me ? It's not my fault that you, a lvl 1 firebug with a shotgun and handcannon can't kill 5 clots. I'm sorry I do know how to kill a scrake without it touching me as a support. And i deeply apologise for sharing the cash i save by using my discounts with all the others, so they can buy off perk scars and die with their knife out.
geronimo789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #12
Elensar

If it was me you saw in any of the games I was flagging Normal win acheivements mostly, I did most of them solo but a few maps I did online for the team aspect... hey I got lonely hahahaha.

BUT I also enjoy the Normal games sometimes for the sake of a relaxing game... actually its hillarious how hard Normal can become with 5 useless players for team mates welding doors shut on you etc lol.

Last edited by Elensar: 06-29-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
Fox_McCloud

Banned
I'm playing as level 6 medic in normal, and I dislike players like you who are only there to farm and go off on their own and don't work as a team. I'm playing normal because

1. It's fun and relaxed
2. To get the achievements
Fox_McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #14
AgingHobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox_McCloud View Post
I'm playing as level 6 medic in normal, and I dislike players like you who are only there to farm and go off on their own and don't work as a team.
I agree with this.
I play medic myself and its extremely annoying to play with and/or be expected to babysit folks who are off by themselves, getting killed in two seconds because they were too proud to stick with the team.

Last edited by AgingHobo: 06-29-2011 at 06:35 AM.
AgingHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
ddwmk2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgingHobo View Post
I agree with this.
I play medic myself and its extremely annoying to play with and/or be expected to babysit folks who are off by themselves, getting killed in two seconds because they were too proud to stick with the team.
And adding more specimens for the rest of the team to kill....

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor