Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Back to the Future

Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
HiGHPLaiNS

Thumbs up Simply Awesome!

I just got this game yesterday, since all the Episodes are available and this game captures the essence of Back to the Future from the musical score, atmosphere and the feeling of you being Marty McFly.

Granted I am only in Episode I, but having a AWESOME time reliving this movie in a video game. I was 14 years old when this movie was released and saw it with my parents and little brother at the time.

So if your a TRUE FAN of Back to the Future, you won't be disappointed

Sorry, I rarely post on STEAM forums, but had to give kudos to this game or at least what I have seen so far.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Zero86SK

Yeah everyone at TT nailed the Back to the future essence
Zero86SK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
KaptainKoala

I just finished the 1st Ep.

It's true.

Having been teen when the movies came out, it's awesome to see it being rekindled in my PC now... and with most of the original classic music bits!
KaptainKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
MADDOGGE

Yeah, I just started the 3rd episode! Really does feel like a movie. I'm hoping they are able the accomplish the same with Jurassic Park as I'm really looking forward to that one as well. Me like dinos!
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
DocShady

Just finished the 5th episode. loved every second of it. The ending was awesome. Great job telltale!
DocShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Celerity

Just finished the game, loved every minute of it
there isn't many good games based on actual movies out there but this one really feels like the movie
thanks Telltale for an enjoyable experience
Celerity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
tonka

Just finished the game and I am agree with all the post here.

Looking forward for Jurassic Park.

tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
AmyLukima

Thanks guys! We really appreciate the feedback.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Jet Black

Amazing! Just finished OUTTATIME, and I truly wish I could recommend this again to my friends on Steam, but it only lets me do that once

The puzzles weren't difficult, but they were relevant and and made sense. Really, though, it was the plot, the script, and everything about the design that made it just perfect.

Thanks!!!!!
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Protoss

They even stood true to the movies in details like
Spoiler:
in the scenes after the time travel when Marty hides the car behind the ad and when he enters Hill Valley.
And they use the music of the movies. It's great to see over 25 years after all started with an MSX game actually a good BTTF game is there, one that manages to catch the movie flair!

27 games, and THIS is the good one! Well, this and the Mac port, I guess.
http://www.uvlist.net/search?ftag=backtothefuture

Last edited by Protoss: 10-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Protoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
Sathlin

Well you guys just convinced me to buy this. I am a huge back to the future trilogy fan, just not a huge adventure game fan. But for the price, i bought it.

thanks,
Sathlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #12
Phenbax

Yeah the music is on of the best parts, also in the movie but in the game it's cool, pushed me back right when i saw the movie my first time.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
half-death

The game profits from an excellent script and the whole story line is simply perfect. I couldn't remember a recent title where you desperately want to know how it would continue.
It's a great combination of an adventure and a movie. Although some of the puzzles were sligthly stupid and the controls were sometimes awkward the story will catch you.
I think that the music potential of the original theme was not fully used (except for the main title), but that wasn't a goal I guess.

To sum it up: a great reasonably-priced movie-like relaxed adventure game.

PS: The knowledge of the movies is not required as the story is not based directly on them.
half-death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
serieus1

So I have to agree for the most part that as a Back to the Future game ported direct from the movies, it's an excellent game. It has a very coherent and well written story that intertwines perfectly with the other 3 movies.

The graphics are good, if you don't mind seeing a cartoony version of BttF rather than a realistic movie-like quality. I think they work great and I'm even impressed in some of the details that I've seen on the characters. Overall the setup I think looks nice.

The audio is perfect, they really added that movie feel to it by bringing in the original music and sounds into this game. When your car hits 88mph the sound is perfect. Even the voices are really well done thanks to bringing back actors from the actual movie and finding new ones to recreate the voices down to a T.

Here comes what I think is the bad part, though not really all that bad. The puzzles are just too easy. Half the time I feel like I'm watching an interactive movie rather than playing an adventure game. Some puzzles do require a bit of thinking, but so far nothing has purplexed me to the point of needing to cheat.

I've only played through the first 3 episodes, but at least that's my perspective and I'm loving the experience. I definitely give this an 8.5/10 and mainly because I just love the BttF movies. If I didn't like the movies then I'd probably give it a 7.5/10. It's not as good as Tales of Monkey Island nor as good as the Sam N Max seasons.

Edit: Just beat the game. One hell of a story. Authentic to the movies.

Last edited by serieus1: 11-06-2011 at 06:26 AM.
serieus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #15
X01

Banned
Being a BTTF geek I just picked this up for $10.
I think I was 5 when this was released, but grew up watching it on VHS. Got to finish a few other games before I start this one though.
X01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Back to the Future