Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 07-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #1
LanceLake

Should I get this?

I like the concept. However, what made me take notice of this game is that Angry Joe did a review of SotS2 (Due in September). Is it worth it to pick this up if I'm only going to be picking up the sequel in 4 months or so?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
LanceLake

Your silence speaks volumes. Thanks.
LanceLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
LordMarconius

This is a pretty old game, so not many people on these forums. I just got the game (for the same reasons you bring up, actually) and I can say it's money well spent, since... well, it's fairly cheap. There are people still playing in multiplayer too, so you can definitely get in on that action.

Overall if you think you might like the sequel, it's probably worth picking up, just to get used to the gameplay a bit.
LordMarconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
LanceLake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarconius View Post
This is a pretty old game, so not many people on these forums. I just got the game (for the same reasons you bring up, actually) and I can say it's money well spent, since... well, it's fairly cheap. There are people still playing in multiplayer too, so you can definitely get in on that action.

Overall if you think you might like the sequel, it's probably worth picking up, just to get used to the gameplay a bit.
Coolcool. Thanks. Have a rep.
LanceLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
Ariyous

LordMarconius is right. It is an old game. I've been playing since it was originally released back in 2005, I believe, and it has changed quite a bit with its expansions. More options and more control over most aspects of your empire.

For anyone else wondering if they should buy this game, go for it. It is fun, challenging, and is quite unique in many ways (for example: ship design freedom, TBS and RTS combined, and dynamic tech tree)
Ariyous is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection