Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Dreag0n

need some help making money

It wasn't easy before the last warband patch, but now it's really hard. The most effective way of making money, trade, doesn't work anymore. Well, it works but you can't make the same amount of money. For some reason, Curaw doesn't produce iron anymore, just like the salt producing cities. And when they have some for 100-150 denars, the price increases with 10 for every unit. After 200 it isn't profitable anymore so you have small amounts of that stuff with you with the result that you get only 500 denars profit. And then, you need to wait 15 minutes before you can do it again. This really sucks.

I can still make enough money in tournaments but it isn't the perfect way to make money. The same with stupid quests. And if you guys start to say that I need to buy those shops or whatever in cities, I need money to buy those.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
Eurician

Ehm... i never traded, i got as much Money as i wanted by Fights and looting. Try this too.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Silverhand_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurician View Post
Ehm... i never traded, i got as much Money as i wanted by Fights and looting. Try this too.
Same here. I've amassed arooooooooooound...60,000 denars just through fighting and gaining fiefs. My character rocks at life haha
Silverhand_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
Dreag0n

agreed, but it's not fast enough. I like to build a stable financial base before i go out conquering.
Dreag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Blademan619

only way i got is join a nuetrel factions (one thats not at war) and try to get a feif so you get money from them...then go to the far side of the map and attack random peasants so you can raid villages ...after that just let your money flow a good bit and buy the velvet making shop in the towns (ps you should start first in the heavily defended towns your faction owns...like the kings town) so you get an average of 500 extra denars everytime you pay your troops (helps later on if you got like 10 of em 5k extra) ...but if you need money at the very begining then just go around demanding stuff from peasants to make some extra cash...or do like they said they do and join a warring faction and stick near the main army (if yours is too weak to take on 100s) and "Raid,raid raid"
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Dreag0n

Before the patch, I decided which faction I wanted to join and proceed to trade until I had enough money to buy the velvet thing in the 4 or 3 starting cities of that faction. This took a while but I never had to worry about money. Well, let's go robbing peasants.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
zoogy2006

I live off war and my fiefs. I make my money from selling loot and prisoners. In fact when I am not at war I lose money unless I can find a lot of bandits. I also sometimes make a good amount of money from tournaments. I tried trading once but I didn't like it because it was to boring.
zoogy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
Asphe

Don't you find trading takes up too much time? Slaving seems to pay better. At least in terms of denar/real-time spent. Add in a production factory to every town... you just need to cut expenses (recruit garrisons, +trained troops, give away fiefs to lords/etc.) Perhaps they should take the 'trade caravans' idea from wFaS. Especially the banks. My wFaS income is almost solely from banks.
Asphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
Eurician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreag0n View Post
Before the patch, I decided which faction I wanted to join and proceed to trade until I had enough money to buy the velvet thing in the 4 or 3 starting cities of that faction. This took a while but I never had to worry about money. Well, let's go robbing peasants.
poor peasants . do something good, and kill Bandits.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #10
Asphe

They don't vote. That's why.

Of course, seeing as who they voted into power in the first place.... they deserve it. Peasants! Pheasants! How can you tell the difference?
Asphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Dreag0n

At the moment, I'm killing sea raiders with a group of 20 men at arms.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series