Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flight Control HD

Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
LpSamuelm

Unhappy Not launching on a Mac?

So, I decided to get Flight Control HD since it was on sale (€1, wow). When I tried to launch it, though, it gets stuck on the "Preparing to launch Flight Control HD..." window! I left it there for a few minutes, and it still didn't start! I'm trying to run it from an Intel-based macbook with Snow Leopard, and it doesn't start.

Anyone know what to do?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
rury76

Quote:
Originally Posted by LpSamuelm View Post
So, I decided to get Flight Control HD since it was on sale (€1, wow). When I tried to launch it, though, it gets stuck on the "Preparing to launch Flight Control HD..." window! I left it there for a few minutes, and it still didn't start! I'm trying to run it from an Intel-based macbook with Snow Leopard, and it doesn't start.

Anyone know what to do?
To me it's the same I have also a Intel Mac, but I hope is fixed because yesterday to buy the revenge of the titans and it happened the same thing and run it today and it worked I hope that is only an error of licenses,
rury76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
indiegeek

Same here. Just repeatedly quits "unexpectedly."
indiegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Limisios

Same problem on mine too. I have a 2008 iMac. I hope they sort this issue out soon.
Limisios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
dixius99

Same issue here. There is a similar topic on the Firemint Get Satisfaction site (I commented there too). but there hasn't been a reply for 12 days.

I was actually able to get it to work a few days ago, but today, I'm back to getting the "unexpected error".
dixius99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
mattblack59bus

Mine crashes too, deleted and reinstalled, rebooted etc. still no joy.

Cheers
Marc
mattblack59bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
MrEasyChillz

Same here, I tried deleting it, restarting steam, restarting my computer, and verifying the integrity of the cache. You name it, i've tried it, and with no results. It would be nice if they could fix this before the winter sale ends.
MrEasyChillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:09 AM   #8
Masijozz

Thumbs down Launching, then unexpectedly quitting.

Yes, I am getting the same problem. I bought this game a while ago and now want to play it for the Winter Achievement. It won't launch through Steam at all. Tried defragmenting the game cache files and verified integrity of the game cache. Deleted the local content and re-downloaded as well as restarting steam/ checked for client updates. Running OSX Lion on a early 2011 macbook pro running Intel i5 and a 2.3GHz processor. Please fix this issue, thank you.
Masijozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
theatilla

Yeah, not working on a mac. Bummer.
theatilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
azizmb

Mine often crashes on when trying to launch it (2011 MacBook Pro 13" w/ Lion). It launches fine after like 5 tries. Although, I do experience an issue occasionally like the OP explained on my MacBook but with a different game (TF2).
azizmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
PandsPands

Damn. WTF is going on with those developers these days?!?! I can't play my ing game I have paid on my Mac anymore!!! FIX IT NOW!
PandsPands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
ニャーオ

From what i see, the game complains about the missing steam_appid.txt file. Typing the following command in Terminal opens up the folder where it should have been
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/flight_control_hd/Flight_Control_HD.app/Contents/MacOS/
Go ahead and create a text file (ensure that it's a plain text file, rather than a Rich text), write
Code:
there (that's the appid of Flight Control HD), name it steam_appid.txt and save there.

After doing that the game actually launches (albeit on the second try).
ニャーオ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
BoxOfSnoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ニャーオ View Post
From what i see, the game complains about the missing steam_appid.txt file. Typing the following command in Terminal opens up the folder where it should have been
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/flight_control_hd/Flight_Control_HD.app/Contents/MacOS/
Go ahead and create a text file (ensure that it's a plain text file, rather than a Rich text), write
Code:
there (that's the appid of Flight Control HD), name it steam_appid.txt and save there.

After doing that the game actually launches (albeit on the second try).
Wow, this seemed to work, after I did this - and one crash, it started up for the first time! Thanks!

If this really was the issue, then Firemint should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing something so simple and basic by now.

To simplify this a little, just type this into terminal (or copy & paste)

Code:
echo 62000 > ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/flight_control_hd/Flight_Control_HD.app/Contents/MacOS/steam_appid.txt
BoxOfSnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
mayo

Firemint
Hi all,

It appears the issue is caused by the last Steam client update and it should hopefully be resolved soon. The workaround mentioned above is intended for developers, so I'm not sure it's a great idea for public users to be using it - but it should work if you want to play now. But I recommend waiting for the client update

Sorry for the inconvenience.
mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
alpha78

Working now for me.
alpha78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flight Control HD