Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time

Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #31
Ridnarhtim

Wow, this is a giant pain. I'm beginning to doubt whether the ticket is worth the effort. At least I only wasted 75p....
Ridnarhtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #32
AlienHuntinYeti

So, how long would you guys say it takes to get to that level? I feel like playing this one for reals, but if it takes much longer than an hour I'll probably just copy the save and play it later.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #33
Ridnarhtim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHuntinYeti View Post
So, how long would you guys say it takes to get to that level? I feel like playing this one for reals, but if it takes much longer than an hour I'll probably just copy the save and play it later.
I thought the same. 70 minutes later, I'm on the fifth level (supposedly lava appears in the ninth) trying to make some jumps and flipping my vehicle over for the bazillionth time, so I gave up. I don't know how long the other levels are, but I would say it takes at least two hours, and they're not very fun.
Ridnarhtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #34
Bieeanda

It took me a couple of hours, and fortunately I had little trouble keeping my vehicles upright. Unfortunately I spent a good amount of time rewinding and tweaking props later on. It honestly does get easier later on-- there's less finicky box stacking and more 'can't catch me I'm on a flying fridge'.
Bieeanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #35
bdmason

Banned
I had never played this game before (got it as part of an indie pack a long time ago, but never played it) and it took me a solid 6+ hours to get through all the levels.
bdmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #36
Rivent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatSL View Post
Bought this game in an Indie pack some time ago, it gets me sleepy after 2 seconds, I literally can't play it for more than 2 minutes straight. But it bothers me to cheat, they could have put the achievement earlier in the game.
THIS! Been playing this atrocious game for hours now and I hate every second of it. The physics are pathetic, you can't jump, unfunny as hell and every task is always just to remake the same ing car over and over again! I'm refusing to resort to save files but I can see why most people are with games that take the jarate. The events should all at least be completable within 20 minutes.
Rivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #37
Vonje

Will i still be able to get the ticket in the next two days?
Vonje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #38
Perducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonje View Post
Will i still be able to get the ticket in the next two days?
You should be. I believe it's possible to get achievements from previous days. Just make sure you do it before the sale ends.
Perducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #39
freibooter

Finally made it ... and without cheating.

The game is a big pain in the , but gets much better, once you can fly.

One trick that allowed me to skip huge parts of the later levels:

Once you have two or three rotors, remove everything - especially the wheels - except for the umbrella and three rotors and maybe rockets, if you have them. You should be able to fly easily!

I flew over several levels while barely doing anything in them (probably not intended by the drunk Orang Utan that "designed" the levels) ... so it took me significantly less than the 6 hours mentioned here, maybe one or one and a half.

Either way, I still don't think this is a good game by any means. In its very best moments, the game plays like a crappy knock off of "Bob Came in Pieces". If you actually like this game, go and get Bob, you should love it.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #40
epicphail

I am on the snow/ice levels how many more levels till I can fall into lava?
epicphail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #41
Qixky

There are four levels for each world, check the map in your journal. The volcano's one is next.
Qixky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #42
kn00tcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeHelmet View Post
Well, I tried to get it the right way, but I got stuck on the very first level.

The first thing to confuse me was the white screen thing. I guess my computer is a bit faster than most, so I didn't notice it loading. I wasn't quite sure why a game with no loadtimes would pause with some loadtime humour.

Then I noted the text was scrolling by too quickly for me to read it all. I also have a somewhat older LCD at the moment, so when the text scrolls it goes all smudgy. Both vertical and horizontal scrolling on the text (while the character is moving) makes it a big ugly mess.

Then when connecting a Toaster, Fridge, and Barbecue, something glitched with the power switches. They somehow got reversed, as one time it didn't register when I went by. (I think I built the contraption too close, and it knocked me past it) I couldn't figure out what to do, so I looked it up on Youtube to confirm it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqgXA...elated#t=1m36s

I was able to get it working a second time... but after all that, I think I'll just grab the save.

Other things that I noticed - it sucks up Winkey presses (I use Winkey+D constantly to minimize stuff, and Winkey+R to run stuff) and in 1080p windowed mode it starts offscreen because it fails to account for the start bar height.

Rant aside, thanks for the ticket!
o_O 1080p windowed? well of course the window is too big to fit with a start bar, just do smaller windowed size

what are you doing mid game to need to constantly use winkey (what do you mean sucks up, disables them?)
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #43
misterhaan

just got this without loading the save; logged 2.7 hours of play time. once you reach the lava the achievement is easy of course, so most of that was getting to the lava level.

i got stuck really early because i had changed the keyboard controls to use the number pad arrow keys and somehow that made the propellers less effective! i changed it back to WASD (which i never use since i like the number pad better) and it worked fine.

i agree it's fun once you manage to build a flying machine, especially when you get two rockets! i bought this game because i had wanted it before and it was on a good sale; the ticket achievement was just a bonus for me (and a reason to start playing it sooner)!
misterhaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #44
FelipeRRM

Worked for me, thanks guys! I just don't understand how this uses Steam Cloud, if it does not have the Cloud icon on the games list neither on the store page!
FelipeRRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #45
ahoy_mccoy

thansk to OP for the post and Icefox for the save point. Helped alot!
ahoy_mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time