Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
Galf

Banned
Smile GTA4 1.4 on Steam

Is there a way to revert the game to 1.4 on steam? I'm reinstalling now, hoping it wont put me back to 1.7

If anyone knows how to, please help. Or I'll just have to "pirate" a game I bought.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Deadly_Target

There's no way to downgrade the steam version as the moment. You'll have to buy a retail copy or download it from GamersGate. GamersGate sells an unpatched version of GTA IV on their site.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
Galf

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly_Target View Post
There's no way to downgrade the steam version as the moment. You'll have to buy a retail copy or download it from GamersGate. GamersGate sells an unpatched version of GTA IV on their site.
Thanks for the answer, but I'm not going to buy twice. I can just download it and use my cdkey, I guess. Or crack it, it's not like I want to play multiplayer - I'd still be in my right to do it, since I bought the game.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Jerbs

If you're wanting to downgrade to 1.0.4.0 - to use the new visual mods, you can do the following:

Props go to this guy!

1. Download the 1.0.4.0 patch - I got mine from here. Install the patch over 1.0.7.0.

2. Download RGSG (a Rockstar Social Group tool) from here. Do not run yet!

3. Find your GTAIV folder (usually Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) and rename it to something else - failure to rename your original folder will result in you having to re-install the game.

4. Run the RGSG tool - this will create a GTAIV folder.

5. Copy the contents from the GTAIV folder into the folder you renamed in step 3 (your original GTA folder).

6. Rename the folder you changed in step 3 back to GTAIV.

7. Install the mod and run the game

I tried using iCEnhancer with the 'normal' Steam version and then followed the steps above and tried again - BIG DIFFERENCE!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Repub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
If you're wanting to downgrade to 1.0.4.0 - to use the new visual mods, you can do the following:

Props go to this guy!

1. Download the 1.0.4.0 patch - I got mine from here. Install the patch over 1.0.7.0.

3. Find your GTAIV folder (usually Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) and rename it to something else - failure to rename your original folder will result in you having to re-install the game.

5. Copy the contents from the GTAIV folder into the folder you renamed in step 3 (your original GTA folder).

I tried using iCEnhancer with the 'normal' Steam version and then followed the steps above and tried again - BIG DIFFERENCE!
This worked PERFECTLY... thank you.

Game looks great.

Kind of a shame though that the night lighting is so bad.
And there's an occassional skybox flicker that's sort of weird.

Other than that, I dig it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
_Duality_

Quote:

Props go to this guy!

I'll try this on the weekend.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
aumkarpraja

Quote:

Props go to this guy!

I have a problem where it says Error: Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected. Any ideas? I left this post up but if I install Social Club it would say, Error : Unable to find Grand Theft Auto. Any ideas for that? I have a retail Steam copy. It won't let me install the patch over patch 7.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
kpm547

When I ran the RGSC it did not create the directory? What am I doing wrong?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #9
Repub

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumkarpraja View Post
I have a problem where it says Error: Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected. Any ideas? I left this post up but if I install Social Club it would say, Error : Unable to find Grand Theft Auto. Any ideas for that? I have a retail Steam copy. It won't let me install the patch over patch 7.
you have to copy the current GTAIV folder, rename it, then run the RGSG patch thing. I named mine GTAIV_OLD.

Once you run it, it creates a new GTAIV folder. Then you copy every thing from the new (GTAIV) folder, into the OLD folder (GTAIV_OLD). Rename the new GTAIV folder to GTAIV_NEW...

then rename the GTAIV_OLD folder back to GTAIV

profit.

the key is renaming the current GTAIV folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm547 View Post
When I ran the RGSC it did not create the directory? What am I doing wrong?
sounds like you didn't rename your old GTAIV folder.

Literally follow the above directions (original post) to the letter and it works on the first shot.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #10
aumkarpraja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repub View Post
you have to copy the current GTAIV folder, rename it, then run the RGSG patch thing. I named mine GTAIV_OLD.

Once you run it, it creates a new GTAIV folder. Then you copy every thing from the new (GTAIV) folder, into the OLD folder (GTAIV_OLD). Rename the new GTAIV folder to GTAIV_NEW...

then rename the GTAIV_OLD folder back to GTAIV

profit.

the key is renaming the current GTAIV folder.

sounds like you didn't rename your old GTAIV folder.

Literally follow the above directions (original post) to the letter and it works on the first shot.
But the thing is that I can not even patch it to 1.0.4.0 in the first place.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
BehelitOutlaw

Quote:

Props go to this guy!

+1 rep for you mate!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Repub

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumkarpraja View Post
But the thing is that I can not even patch it to 1.0.4.0 in the first place.
tbh, i don't even recall running the 1.0.4.0 patch from the link posted above.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
aumkarpraja

Got it working

Nvm, I got it running. I had to re-install it. It was a corrupted install, I have no clue how it became corrupt :/ +Rep to you repub

Old 07-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #14
Ewaf

Hey, trying to downgrade steam version to run the ICEnhance mod, but stuck here:

The tool doesn't create a folder? any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #15
Repub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewaf View Post
Hey, trying to downgrade steam version to run the ICEnhance mod, but stuck here:

The tool doesn't create a folder? any suggestions?
did you rename the original? you have to call your GTAIV folder something like GTAIV_OLD or something

the tool will make a new GTAIV folder.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series