Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Maw, The

Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
midnitecarnival

I'm getting tired of getting ripped off by M$

The more they force me to buy an XBox controller to play PC games, the more I boycott the XBox - never owned one from the start.

I've just tried an emulator and the developers went out of their way to design this game to crash if it detects the emulator.

There is no such thing as 'not compatible' they're making it intentionally incompatible. I've been tinkering with this game for the past few hours watching all the ways that it turns off my Logitech.

Which make the developers just as shady. I'm glad I got this just now for $3 instead of $12.

Screw them if they're going to make all their games M$ only.
God only knows there are billions of others, it's just frustrating because it was a hard decision between this or Zombie Driver....which I'm going to see if I can Google up a list of 360 controller only games in case Zombie Driver is one of them too.

Another Steam game in the toilet.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Protoss

Actually you can play via keyboard & mouse too. And it's not so bad.
Protoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Sir9

I played the whole game with keyboard & mouse. I didn't know you could play it with a controller until I finished it.
Sir9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
NicoRey27

Well, I played it with the Xbox 360 controller, and it was really great. I see your frustration for not being able to use another one, but that doesn't necesarilly mean the controller sucks.
Remember this originally was an Xbox Live Arcade game, the devs probably didn't bother adding proper DirectInput support when porting it to the PC.
NicoRey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
akaSM

If you have a PS3 controller, you can try using MotioninJoy, so far, every games that wants a X360 controller has been happy with my PS3 controller...and I don't even have a PS3 :P

Is x360CE the emulator you were talking about?
akaSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Sweetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitecarnival View Post
I've just tried an emulator and the developers went out of their way to design this game to crash if it detects the emulator.
LOL what a preposterous claim. More like the emulator crashes the game. I'm pretty sure the game wasn't designed to detect a relatively obscure emulator that didn't even exist when the game was made

I'm assuming you're talking about x360ce - ever since that project was taken over by a different developer, he's mostly just made it worse. The new versions crash a lot of games due to the crappy "EasyHook" API hooking library he switched to.

I suggest trying version 2.0.2.90 this is the last good version based on the original developer's work before the new guy started breaking stuff.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
TheVentilator

A wired/USB 360 controller is cheaper than most 3rd party gamepads, so i dont know why so many buy an more expensive incompatible pad for PC's.
TheVentilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Deverica Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaSM View Post
If you have a PS3 controller, you can try using MotioninJoy, so far, every games that wants a X360 controller has been happy with my PS3 controller...and I don't even have a PS3 :P
The game is better on a controller and the rumble is cool.

I use a wired DualShock3 PS3 controller and the driver MotioninJoy. I use the Xbox 360 Emulator (Xinput) feature, ant it works 100%. Rumble, analog sticks too.

Use MotioninJoy and your problems are solved. They even have it for X-Box controllers.

Last edited by Deverica Wolf: 08-06-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Deverica Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Maw, The