Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Monday Night Combat

Old 07-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Cai

1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired

Hi, my friend and I recently purchased Monday Night Combat from the steam sale and are enjoying it for the most part. However, we crash to the desktop everytime a match finishes (occasionally it won't but most of the time it does). It gives the generic "mnc.exe has stopped working" message.

So we tried all the methods mentioned on the forums to try fix it to no avail. However when we tried verifying we both got the message "1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired". We've both tried verifying multiple times and yet it still says the same thing.

So my question is (after that long winded explanation) is there a problem with the steam servers at the moment with the steam sale, causing some files not to download properly? Or has this happened to people before the steam sale as well?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as we want to enjoy this fun game to it's fullest .

Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
racquemis

thats not the cause of the issue
everybody has it, if you redownload it downloads a file of 1 Kb
The game itself probably makes some changes to the file (.ini most likely) on startup therefore invalidating it on steam. But it doesn't influence the game at all.

Your most likely having a gfx driver issue. post the error at the end of your launch.log file.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Monday Night Combat