Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
BennyJK

Steam download suspended

I'm downloading Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition for the second time (Ouch) and I'm RIGHT at the end... Like 99.9999999% there. It's 24,234.1 MB / 24.234.1 MB but it's suspended and cannot finish! That's so annoying.

I've tried to change my region, move the folder to a different location, deleted the blob file but nothing. It wont' resume at all. But I can download other stuff just fine?

Anyone have a fix? I really do not want to download this game again. It's taking ages with the steam sale going on.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Meelk

I dunno, I'm having the same problem with GTA, it's either suspended or VERY slow, I guess it's just the servers because of the sale and that's it.
Meelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
BennyJK

So you don't know if there is a way around it? :/
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Meelk

Nope, I wish I did. D:
Meelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
BennyJK

This is interesting. I restarted the download of DA: O - UE and it's giving me a really slow speed again. I usually get 1.5 MB/s. I decided to delete it and install it another day. Right now I am downloading Killing Floor, and what do you know? The appropriate speed of 1.5 MB/s (More or less) is happening.

Does it really depend on the game size or something? I don't know. It just seems weird to me.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Brawn

this is ridiculous. download is suspended. why? not on my end so its steam screwing up. I doubt i will ever buy another games through steam. 6 hours to download cause of crappy steam is way too long. Ill deal with the store bought games rather than have to deal with this BS again. and this is a bunch of BS! yeah you get discounts on games through steam. its to offset the crap download speeds steam offers. "you can download your game when we feel like letting you download your game. have fun!" and btw my computer is fast so its not slow cause of my comp either. steam=fail!
Brawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips