Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum

Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Me2nice

Exclamation How do I make the game run better on my computer (if possible)?

My laptop (yes, laptop) has the following specs:

4GB of RAM (though, I can only use 3.75GB of it of course)

A quad core AMD CPU (clock speed ~2.1GHz per core)

1GB video memory (of course, this is a laptop so that doesn't really mean much). The card itself is an ATI Mobility Radeon 5650.

It also runs on windows 7 ultimate

Now, when I first began playing, which was a week or so after the game was first released, my computer could run it just fine. Then the updates came. Every time an update was released, my computer's performance with the game would drop Whereas, I once managed to stay above 60 frames-per-second and have my laptop remain relatively cool, now, ever since the Glade update, my laptop not only gets extremely hot when playing, but my framerate takes a nose dive when the mobs come in (I'm typically between 10 frames-per-second and 50). This is especially apparent on Glade, where there is a lot of scenery for my computer to render.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, before you ask:

-I have turned my video settings. Helped somewhat but not enough. My computer still gets extremely hot when playing.

-I have tried verifying the cache. Nothing

-I have tried defragmenting the game. Nothing.

-I have no other means of keeping my computer (relatively) cool other than a crappy cooling pad. Sorry.

Is there anything I can do to make the game run better?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I have noticed that the game is not fully taking advantage of my CPU; the highest CPU usage I've ever recorded from it was 26 percent (which roughly the same as any other game I play). Anyway to make it use all the processors for better performance (assuming this is possible)?

Last edited by Me2nice: 07-08-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
AntonWestbergh

Coffee Stain Studios
I know there was some thread around about how to adapt the game for mobile settings. Someone was pretty successfully squeezing some extra fps out of it using it. I can't find it right now though..

Anyhow, the simple tips are to turn down the resolution and make sure to run without any dynamic lightning etc.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonWestbergh View Post
I know there was some thread around about how to adapt the game for mobile settings. Someone was pretty successfully squeezing some extra fps out of it using it. I can't find it right now though..

Anyhow, the simple tips are to turn down the resolution and make sure to run without any dynamic lightning etc.
I have turned down the graphics settings. Again, they helped a little, but...just a little.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
DanielLundwall

Coffee Stain Studios
Hello Me2Nice,

I believe this is the thread Anton was talking about.
DanielLundwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLundwall View Post
Hello Me2Nice,

I believe this is the thread Anton was talking about.
Thank you, but my computer is not low-end (at least middle. Well, as far as laptops go) and I meet the recommended requirements (though, admittedly, possibly not in the GPU department, but my card still has more memory than the game is recommending).My computer should be able to handle the game just fine, but it can't for some reason.

Still, I appreciate you showing me this and will try it out.

Now, how do I get it to take full advantage of my processor?

Last edited by Me2nice: 07-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sanctum