Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 07-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
icetdrinker

Thumbs down CS:S and TF2 and surely other games won't launch

When I try to launch CS:S or TF2 the preparing to launch window appears then disappears and then i'm stuck 95% of the time with the game not launching even though the process hl2.exe is present in the task manager window. Sometimes the game runs without any problems (very rare), sometimes it launches but as soon as I try to play on a server or try to play with bots on my computer the game will freeze and nothing will change (even memory usage in task manager) (quite rare too), the results are totally randoms and most of the time I don't even get to the main menu (very common). I don't have that kind of issues with L4D or L4D2 just CS:S and other games using the same version of source engine. Do you have ANY solution that IS NOT like "check the game cache file" reinstall directx or steam or that kind of thing, my PC is up to date for everything, is powerful enough to run any of the games i'm trying to run:

- Core i7 2630GM
- 8 Gb 1333 DDR3 RAM
- Geforce GTX 460 M 1,5 Gb

running W7 SP1, 64 bits premium (Western European Version)

PS for steam staff : CS:S used to be so much better before, no crashes or bugs or weird behaviours... Guys... You've got to fix this for the community, this game was and still is great, but we need it to run flawlessly... Or we'll start to loose the pleasure to play this game if we have to try 30 times before being able to play.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
justineverson

same problem with me..........
Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Diablo2050

same problem but it either works or don't (which is about all the time)and i have to end the hl2.exe process every time
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
rSw

start it with launch option -window then go full screen in options works for me...
rSw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
icetdrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rSw View Post
start it with launch option -window then go full screen in options works for me...
Doesn't fix it here, and I have to kill the process in task manager as well...
Old 07-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Knotes647

i have been having this problem for a month and a half now... i've tried every suggestion possible but it doesnt seem to fix the problem. seriously valve u've got to do something about this
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
CenTiSoN

Have you attempted all common solutions, including:

- Logging out of and logging back into Steam;
- Deleting clientregistry.blob; and
- Verifying game cache?

If the above doesn't fix the problem you are experiencing, you might need to re-install Steam.
CenTiSoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
Diablo2050

it sometimes works with -autoconfig -sw and i mean 1 out of 10 times it works,in the past TF2 was working well all the time don't know what's the difference now
Old 07-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #9
Diablo2050

i have two pc's and a laptop same thing on all of them
even if i restore the game on any of them in a different steam account same thing always, i have win 7 x64 on all of them
Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
justineverson

im having the same problem, exept it disappears in my task manager... i did EVERY THING, reinstallsed Steam, css, deleted cstrike folder, verified game cache, logged out n back in, restarted pc after update.. COME ON STEAM LETS GET YOUR ASSES IN LINE HERE.........
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
a7m1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineverson View Post
im having the same problem, exept it disappears in my task manager... i did EVERY THING, reinstallsed Steam, css, deleted cstrike folder, verified game cache, logged out n back in, restarted pc after update.. COME ON STEAM LETS GET YOUR ASSES IN LINE HERE.........

games launch 99 % normally for me
a7m1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #12
Diablo2050

i contacted support two times and nothing, don't know what to do

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source