Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
CrociaX

Exclamation Serious Sam 3 MUST be even retail

I mean, The original Serious Sam:The secound encounter is more populated than the secound encounter in HD for one good reason,SSHD:TSE isn't retail instead SSTSE.
It's sad because SSHDTSE is the best,more modes, more maps, and the weapons are balanced 100%in the HD ver, and when i go online,I found only 2-3 servers with 3-4 people in...
So the game will be avable for everyone(for people without credit card that they can't buy games online...)and image serious sam 3 in all the gamestops and stores,more people will buy SS3
So what do you think?
(P.S Sorry for my bad english!!!!)
Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Sarge945

fun fact: its possible there are other reasons besides retail sales that it didnt sell as well, for example maybe because...oh I dont know....ITS A REMAKE
Sarge945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
alenl

Croteam
I wouldnt bet on retail being the main reason. With TSE classic, the pirates are on the same server list as legit users. That server browsing code predates CD key checks and similar tech. JM2C
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
CrociaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
I wouldnt bet on retail being the main reason. With TSE classic, the pirates are on the same server list as legit users. That server browsing code predates CD key checks and similar tech. JM2C
Damn Pirates!
CrociaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:22 AM   #5
CrociaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge945 View Post
fun fact: its possible there are other reasons besides retail sales that it didnt sell as well, for example maybe because...oh I dont know....ITS A REMAKE

In the original there was only DM and co-op campaign, why fans shoudn't buy SSHD:TSE? With all new modes, new maps and HD?
If they don't care about MP I can understand and dude, calm down.....
CrociaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Cunin

Well he's right though. Many old players thinks that these are just remakes and obviously don't need attention because are just ways to spill more money from old games, but as you pointed out that's not true.

Then there's people that for some reason don't like Steam and don't want to use it.

Then there's what Alen said about pirates, on both the classic and HD versions.

And then there's what I complained about in another thread, about speedrunners that appears only at sales, making new players see the whole game in like 2 hours without any efforts.

There are many reasons behind lack population, and the sum of them all is the cause for it, and I'm pretty sure that making a retail version will only help the pirates and not us legitimate players.

Using Steam as delivery platform allows things that are impossible to do on retail, like these "real-time" sales, and I'm sure that it has helped a lot the fight against piracy, because of how handy and cheap it is compared to retail.
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #7
Ladicuis

I just realised yesterday that there were more campaigns in this version then in the original, I got both the original as the HD version.

I guess its just not clear to the fans of the original that there is a lot more content to this version.

Btw I saw that the second encounter includes the content of the first encounter, what is the point in buying both? or does it only unlock if you got the first encounter?
Ladicuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #8
alenl

Croteam
Quote:
...does it only unlock if you got the first encounter?
Exactly.
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
Potatochobit

you people also have to understand that as the gaming population ages they have jobs and families that take up more of their time.

serious sam HD is a good game, but in the vast sea of weekly game releases choices have to be made and many people will go for the new or popular stuff as their game time is limited.

also, I purchased this game during the christmas sale so I would say I have a fresh outlook on the series and played some of the multiplayer options and I just did not find it very appealing. If you compare it to a similar game of it's time, such as quake live, it just falls short in multiplayer. Not to mention TF2 is now free as well, there just isn't much incentive to take serious same off the shelf. of course, during holiday events it's different and taking the game for a quick spin with a many players logged in is fun.

let's hope serious sam 3 adds some interesting multiplayer options, though I would say that most people are probably looking for a good offline experience foremost from this series.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
SS3Retail

Some people will be dissapointed if SS3 doesn't get retail release

YouTube: HITLER LEARNS ABOUT SERIOUS SAM 3 - NO RETAIL RELEASE

No hard feelings, OK.

Last edited by SS3Retail: 07-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
ChrisW

I think a retail release should be priced significantly higher than the Steam release, since they only get a fraction of the money for retail copies.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Dave3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3Retail View Post

No hard feelings, OK.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABHAHA

That HAS to be my favorite Hitler video of all.

"Dont worry, we wont tell him."

Oh man.
+ rep for that.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
Cunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3Retail View Post

No hard feelings, OK.
lmao!
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #14
greatgreybeast

"Europe cries when I join the servers."

Ha!
greatgreybeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE