Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Custom Campaigns / Maps

Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
z0g

Banned
Versus Custiom Addicts [Europe]

Dear L4D fellows,

it's about time to let you know we exist. Yes, we do and for quite a while already. We, who are pretty much interested in all sort of addons and custom campaigns in relation to Left 4 Dead (2).

As you probably noticed it's kinda difficult to get games for custom maps run in multiplayer, especially in versus mode unless you don't have 7 friends with you that share your interests. Like once in a week you find a game apart from the official featured ones which are being hyped for a week or two and forgotten on the week after.

It is more than annoying that once you found such a versus game it mostly ends up in a chaos of mixed classes on a local server everybody pings like 250 but the host himself.

That's what this group is about. it was created back in 2009 to help people find each other for games on non-official maps. I do know there are more small communities and steamgroups out there doing the same thing, but i honestly doubt that even one of those is as active as this group is. What we do is creating public games for fun on awesome maps on a daily/nightly basis.

As i can speak for me and the main core of this group which is about 10 players, we are addicted to these 2 games pretty much and we won't probably ever let off them. We have a server that contains a lot of custom maps, which we use to play in vanilla, just as the game and the maps are supposed to be played. Confogl is available tho but barely makes any sense with addons imho.

So well, this group is by invite only for reason:

What i don't want to have is a group of 25.000 players of which 200 actually care for the real thing in itself but never being online to play.

Also i refuse to have any kind of pseudo-elitist behavior (pubstars, wannabe-pro.. etc) inside this group. It's for fun. not to proof the size of your *****.
If you think that you must rage, be mad and can't handle losing just go away at this point, cos people like that are not welcome.

Also not welcome are people that start the game in versus mode without having the slightest idea what it's all about..
It just does no sense at all. learn to play as a team, get familiar with the maps and survivors first before you even waste a single thought on joining a versus game. The game should have implemented a vs-lock for newbies but since it has not i just appeal at your sanity to avoid frustration on both sides, survivors and the infected.

In general everybody is welcome to join us, all you need to have is a sense for teamplay and the passion for addon campaigns and of course: VERSUS.

think about public games as you want.. i made the experience that staying calm and assist people in their knowledge and teamplay works out just fine. Ragers and shouters are just misplaced in Left 4 Dead. Same goes for rambos and other sorts of solo heros. The game requires patience and if you can't exercise that you might just think about finding something else.

If you are interested in joining us, just send me a text for invitation, you will not regret i guess :P

Take care guys and remember - DO NOT RAGE!

link to the grouppage: VCA - Versus Custom Addicts
Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Adenru

Yeah, I have a similar group, however our passion for l4d2 is not the same it was in 2008-2009.
Adenru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Fedecooldude

Banned
I'm joining. Are u guys from all over Europe or one country?
Fedecooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
z0g

Banned
welcome to the addicts, fedecooldude.

nice game we had running there.. too bad i had to leave!

our members are spread over all countries, there are even people from united states with us. we are multinational.
z0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
z0g

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenru View Post
Yeah, I have a similar group, however our passion for l4d2 is not the same it was in 2008-2009.
we may become one and ressurect your passion. we are having great games running every night.
z0g is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2 > Custom Campaigns / Maps