Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The

Old 07-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Amberrr

Unhappy My game kind of freeze

I really hope you guys can help me.
When I played Sims 3 (no expansions, the game itself) yesterday, it started doing something weird, and it is still doing it. My game started freezing for like, every 5. second, and freezes for 20 seconds. My Sim can not move meanwhile, the timer stop counting. I only hear the music from the CD-player still being played.

What can I do about it? It is really annoying, and I so like this game. /;

Old 07-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
iwirthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberrr View Post
When I played Sims 3 (no expansions, the game itself) yesterday, it started doing something weird, and it is still doing it. My game started freezing for like, every 5. second, and freezes for 20 seconds. My Sim can not move meanwhile, the timer stop counting. I only hear the music from the CD-player still being played.

Turn down graphics quality and run on a lower resolution. Try to cycle through times quick by pressing 123 quick and see how your computer responds to it.
iwirthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Not an EA Fan

Quote:

That sounds like an issue I just posted a workaround to here. Hope it helps you.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
Amberrr

I just tried turning down the graphics and such, but it is still freezing.

And I read and tried the things you wrote in the other topic, but it did not stop the freezing. /:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Not an EA Fan

Quote:
I just tried turning down the graphics and such, but it is still freezing.

And I read and tried the things you wrote in the other topic, but it did not stop the freezing. /:
Bummers it sounded just like what I had when a Sim was stuck .
Old 07-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
Amberrr

It's okay. (:
But it's not just my Sim that freeze. Also the time, mood freezes. But it works fine when I'm building the house and buying things. But as soon I actual play, it freeze. /:
Old 07-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
Amberrr

I uploaded a video of it. I hope it helps, (:
Link to the video.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #8
Japkap

Same issue im having some people say it is a bug with generations atleast on sims forum pages ive tried to reduce my resolution and ingame gfx but still same deal, it is a nightmare to go to china in the travel pack nearly entire time there it lags and freezes.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Not an EA Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japkap View Post
Same issue im having some people say it is a bug with generations atleast on sims forum pages ive tried to reduce my resolution and ingame gfx but still same deal, it is a nightmare to go to china in the travel pack nearly entire time there it lags and freezes.
Don't assume it's the same bug as Amberrr's you may have gotten lucky (uses term loosely) and got mine. If you haven't already go to my bug workaround thread and try resetting all the Sims when you get lag and freezes. If it is the same issue I have the problem will come back next time a Sim gets stuck but it will work for a while at least.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sims 3, The