Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Splinter Cell series

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Krad0n

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

I enjoy playing SC every once in a while, and I recently bought all the SC games that Steam has to offer. My question is, however, why is Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow not available on Steam? It's the second game in the series, and all the rest, including the first, are available on Steam.

It just seems like it would make sense to have it in the Steam store in case someone wants to play it, but doesn't have a relatively simple means of getting it as they do with the rest of the SC series.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
samfisherand

I've been asking for this for ages, and nothing seems to have been done about it. No reason why it shouldn't be released on Steam too.
samfisherand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Krad0n

I have it on disk, but I hate using disks, and I'm too lazy to burn an iso. -_-
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
AxeKillJoy

If you go and read the Splinter Cell forums that are towards the bottom, they explain it there. Basically the game uses something that isn't compatible with modern computer hardware and won't work properly. It's unknown if Ubisoft will release a fixed version, but it's doubtful they will.
AxeKillJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
MikeBlaszczak

Valve
Nothing to do with Steam Community, so this moves to the game area.
MikeBlaszczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
Rossa_AU

It has something to do with the shadows/lighting in the game not working on modern hardware, so in their opinion it's pointless to sell it these days.
If they put it up for like 1 or 2 dollars or something, people would still probably buy it though; so i would just still sell it cheap and make sure there is a "Broken Game" notice if i were them

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeKillJoy View Post
If you go and read the Splinter Cell forums that are towards the bottom, they explain it there. Basically the game uses something that isn't compatible with modern computer hardware and won't work properly. It's unknown if Ubisoft will release a fixed version, but it's doubtful they will.
Well the PS3 HD Remakes are originally the PC versions, so you never know; but yea it's pretty unlikely.
Rossa_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
CBRNE

Banned
The shadows dont get rendered on modern chipsets and such. Its a total pain in the to play with no proper lighting so it's probably better to be left off
CBRNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
TheMysterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRNE View Post
The shadows dont get rendered on modern chipsets and such. Its a total pain in the to play with no proper lighting so it's probably better to be left off
Has any modder hasn't messed around w/ the game and fixed it?
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #9
PcGamingRig

they need to release the hd collection on pc and release fixes for DA and PT at the same time.
PcGamingRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
SpudAlmighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcGamingRig View Post
they need to release the hd collection on pc and release fixes for DA and PT at the same time.
You do know that the HD collection just an up scaled PS2 port? infact it's not very good. Lots of framerate problems and limited graphics. You'd save a lot of money buying the pc versions and taking your chances.

Every splinter cell game works fine on my pc, windows 7 64bit. So for the whopping pound per game it's worth a try.
SpudAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
Brutol Motent

Same here, I've had no issues with all of the Splinter Cell games on my windows 7 64 bit system running an i7 920 processor with 2 GTX 275s SLI.
Brutol Motent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
kitekrazy

Isn't this the one title were the graphics are not great and the game play feels sluggish?
kitekrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
BobsYurUncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
Isn't this the one title were the graphics are not great and the game play feels sluggish?
Not at all. I'm probably the biggest splinter cell fan out there and Pandora Tomorrow is actually my favorite game. It took the great things from the first and added so much more, including a really decent story.
BobsYurUncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Pikaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsYurUncle View Post
Not at all. I'm probably the biggest splinter cell fan out there and Pandora Tomorrow is actually my favorite game. It took the great things from the first and added so much more, including a really decent story.
You are dead on. While I appreciate the last two Splinter Cells, the first three are my favorites, and I play them yearly. I just got an entire new setup about a month ago, and I just got done playing Pandora Tomorrow, and I have no issues with it at all. I have them all on Steam except for PT, and I really wish they would put it on there, give a warning or something. I cannot say no one would have issues, but for me, and I know many others, PT runs perfectly on modern systems just like the original does.
Pikaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Mechratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRNE View Post
The only issue which does affect gameplay I had late in game, when you should move in circle, and the path is mined, while there is a sniper at the center and two spotlights: you cannot see the light coming from the spotlights, but you still can observe their movement and plan your moves.

It's shame though not having PT on Steam, even if "defective".
Mechratos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Splinter Cell series