Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cthulhu Saves the World

Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
CountZero83

I'm Doing a Let's Play of this game.

Hey all.

Just wanted you to know that I just started a blind (never played before) Let's Play of this neat looking game. I will be doing it as a long play (no skipping battles and reading dialog) and I expect it should be loads of fun. Check it out and don't forget to like and subscribe please.

http://www.youtube.com/countzeroLP

Thanks for looking!
IA IA

Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
slash000

Zeboyd Games
Cool! I always enjoy watching Let's Plays. I hope you enjoy it!
slash000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Jip_Bip_Jo

This is awful. Your voice is drowned out by the game audio, badly - you should have done a test recording first, . Additionally you're... well. Boring. You go on about how you're going to schedule your lets play videos (why you talk about it at all is beyond me, given the view totals for your other videos), spend way too long talking about how you'll be reading it, then give us an update about your ps3 gaming habits.

Nobody cares. Get to the point. Which rightly should be the game. I know this video is just an intro, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to just ramble on. I'm here to watch a Let's Play, not watch a vlog about your latest purchases.

Additionally you realize later on that the music is getting annoying. How do you think it feels for the viewer, who has both the loud, looping music, as well as having to listen to you being unfunny and boring.
Jip_Bip_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
UnderwaterPyro

Banned
You're not bad. However, I will trounce you tomorrow.
UnderwaterPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Jip_Bip_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderwaterPyro View Post
You're not bad. However, I will trounce you tomorrow.
so wait do you know this guy
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
CountZero83

jeez.... that sorta stings guys....
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
Jderz

I actually liked it personally and I can understand you just fine. You seem to be well spoken. The music wasn't drowning you out at all im not sure what the other guy was on about. You could leave out reading all the dialogue in this kind of game though - there is alot of it.
Jderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
CountZero83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip_Bip_Jo View Post
This is awful. Your voice is drowned out by the game audio, badly - you should have done a test recording first, . Additionally you're... well. Boring. You go on about how you're going to schedule your lets play videos (why you talk about it at all is beyond me, given the view totals for your other videos), spend way too long talking about how you'll be reading it, then give us an update about your ps3 gaming habits.

Nobody cares. Get to the point. Which rightly should be the game. I know this video is just an intro, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to just ramble on. I'm here to watch a Let's Play, not watch a vlog about your latest purchases.

Additionally you realize later on that the music is getting annoying. How do you think it feels for the viewer, who has both the loud, looping music, as well as having to listen to you being unfunny and boring.
Ill Tell you what gives me carte blanche, It's my freaking video. Go watch the Machinema one if you want. I'm sure you'll like it better.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
trogdor2k5

I thought it was a good lets play
trogdor2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #10
Jip_Bip_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountZero83 View Post
Ill Tell you what gives me carte blanche, It's my freaking video.
So you have no better rebuttal to the points than this? I mean, you know what other director wouldn't accept criticism and pouted about it? George Lucas, even moreso during making the prequels.

What you are doing is making The Phantom Menace of Let's Play. When you get down to it the point I was really making was get snappier with your dialogue, learn a thing or two about audio levels and to think things through, possibly even testing to see how it works as a video before even bothering with a final version.

I mean, I have a great idea. You want to make an intro video to this game, that doesn't actually have you play the game? Discuss something relevant to the game. A little about the company that made it, or even just your experience with the Lovecraft mythos - heck, you say you love it, so talk a bit about some of the past games explicitly set in the world of H.P. Lovecraft. Or the sort of humour you like seeing applied to the setting. But for pities sake, you've got a video, do something interesting with it. Get us excited for the game. Pump us up!

I mean, I'm terribly sorry your nose is out of joint over my mean, mean words, but your intro is supposed to sell us on watching more of your videos, as they're put out. Win us over with something actually entertaining and related to the game.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
CountZero83

Yeah your right I could have done more with the intro. My first actual episode is up and you may like that better? Have you done any Let's Plays? I would like to see them, it could give me a good idea of what your talking about. In any case I just started doing this so I'm still learning and I wanted to do an LP of this game for fun. My serious LP is of Deus Ex, which is also on my channel. I think you may like that better.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #12
CountZero83

Oh and my rebuttal was just goofing around so don't take it to seriously.
I noticed that allot of your comments on peoples Let's Play posts are extremely negative, why is that. Do you have any let's players that you really like?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #13
Jip_Bip_Jo

...Ahahaha you went through my post history because I criticized your video? You're on a whole new level of creepy here. I think I criticized one other LP?

And there are LPers I enjoy, but then they don't pimp themselves off at steam forums for views or go through the post histories of people who don't like their style.

Furthermore, you have an edit button on your posts; use it instead of double posting, thanks.

Edit: That having been said, sure I'll watch the first episode! And post my reaction!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #14
trogdor2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip_Bip_Jo View Post
So you have no better rebuttal to the points than this? I mean, you know what other director wouldn't accept criticism and pouted about it? George Lucas, even moreso during making the prequels.

What you are doing is making The Phantom Menace of Let's Play. When you get down to it the point I was really making was get snappier with your dialogue, learn a thing or two about audio levels and to think things through, possibly even testing to see how it works as a video before even bothering with a final version.

I mean, I have a great idea. You want to make an intro video to this game, that doesn't actually have you play the game? Discuss something relevant to the game. A little about the company that made it, or even just your experience with the Lovecraft mythos - heck, you say you love it, so talk a bit about some of the past games explicitly set in the world of H.P. Lovecraft. Or the sort of humour you like seeing applied to the setting. But for pities sake, you've got a video, do something interesting with it. Get us excited for the game. Pump us up!

I mean, I'm terribly sorry your nose is out of joint over my mean, mean words, but your intro is supposed to sell us on watching more of your videos, as they're put out. Win us over with something actually entertaining and related to the game.
Its a lets play. You should really calm down. The beauty of Youtube is that you can make any video you want how you want. While you did provide constructive criticism in your first post, it was buried deep underneath your annoying snooty attitude. That high horse you're sitting on is majestic and all, but you should probably get off of it.
trogdor2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:59 AM   #15
CountZero83

It wasn't meant to be creepy, I was looking to see what you had said to other LP people. I don't see how that is creepy but I'm sorry if it was. As for the double post, consider it noted. I'm not a big forum user, I only really got on here when I started let's playing so I could get opinions and reactions to my videos. I started LPing as a hobby and to inspire me to play some of the games from my youth again. So far I've been really digging it.
Anyhoo I'm interested to see what you think of Deus Ex, check out the Zombies ate my neighbors while your at it. Of all the people to reply to this post you have said the most and I appreciate that.
oh and I really do want to know who you like in the LP world. I've got allot of growing to do and every bit of good influence will help. Can you link their channels please?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cthulhu Saves the World