Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
sI-Peeklz

Steam Validation Rejected

Hello Steamers,
I have been a player of Counter - Strike: Source for years now, recently i have encountered a problem that i am unaware of, after a while of playing the game freezes and i get a message similar to this: STEAM Validation Rejected.
I have googled the problem and tried the following.

Re-installing steam. ( same steamapps folder )
deleting Clientregistry.blob and letting it update.
Restarting steam
Restarting computer.

If you can get back to me as soon as possible it would be highly appreciated.

Aaron.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Victorspain

Banned
It happens to me too. As far as I know, it's because you lost connection to the Steam Server, not the game server itself. Usually the error goes after a moment, when you get to reconect the Steam Server again (you don't notice at all, the only diference is that you can join the server again).
Victorspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
sjajbgd11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sI-Peeklz View Post
Hello Steamers,
I have been a player of Counter - Strike: Source for years now, recently i have encountered a problem that i am unaware of, after a while of playing the game freezes and i get a message similar to this: STEAM Validation Rejected.
I have googled the problem and tried the following.

Re-installing steam. ( same steamapps folder )
deleting Clientregistry.blob and letting it update.
Restarting steam
Restarting computer.

If you can get back to me as soon as possible it would be highly appreciated.

Aaron.

STEAM validation rejected Counter-Strike: Condition Zero:Counter Strike Source.

Many Times we happen to encounter this STEAM validation rejected error message which is very annoying so here i am trying to provide the best possible solutions known to me.
Possible Solutions for STEAM validation rejected Counter-Strike: Condition Zero or Counter-Strike: Source.
1. Something messed up the Steam App ID so change it accordingly.
Change the App ID as the application ID's have changed with the protocol 48 update:
a)Go to the mod folder within your HLDS installation,
b)Create a text file steam_appid.txt.
c)Inside the text file, punch in the number for the new Steam application ID. Just a number. Nothing else.

2.IF you are using a patch to correct this error and doesnot own the game legally you must get the Original Game first first and then Update it (Best legal Solution so far for STEAM validation rejected error). and please dont expect to give you some patch to stop the error as it deals with the login validation details.

3.IN Mod folder try changing file name ClientRegistry.Blob to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

4. Have you tried changing the value of " sv_lan 0 " to "sv_lan 1" in console... ? if not try it.. :-)

Hope this should have resolved your problem if you have a LEGIT CS:S. Any comments ?
THIS WON'T WORK FOR PIRATED VERSION!!!
List of app ID's

Counter-Strike 1.6 (cstrike): 10
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (czero): 80
Counter Strike: Source: 240
Steam APP ID link http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...pplication_IDs

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source