Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Universe at War: Earth Assault

Old 07-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
GreyMasker

Endless loop?

When I try to launch the game a little box pops up that says "Performing first time setup 1/1..." or something to that effect and it disappears a second later only to come back again and again! Anyone familiar with this and know a fix for it? Honestly looking at this board I can't believe Steam has the cajones to keep such a pile of buggy crap on it's service, let alone advertise it by putting it on sale!

I've tried reinstalling it and that doesn't help at all; I've also tried disabling dx10 via regedit and reinstalling GFWL and it still just loops.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Tulaig

I too am stuck in that loop and the lack of help from steam and Peroglyph is alarming!! good thing I only spent 5 bucks on this POS.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
jake_farrell

try both manually installing GfWL from the Microsoft Homepage ( http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient ) , instead of the thing that steam downloaded , yes i had the same loop , but after this it was away
jake_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Tulaig

tried that before, any version perchance?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Universe at War: Earth Assault