Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights

Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Liquid_fire89

Best way to make money?

Can anyone tell me if I make more money in the tier 2 clockworks then I do in tier 1? Since I can't really see any difference in the amoun of crowns I get.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
HeatSurge

It's not much - depends on your luck/levels. I'd say do jelly king runs - they're usually good profit (6-7k guaranteed, again depending on where you start if you use "join party," what levels you get and your luck with the loot)...
HeatSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Liquid_fire89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSurge View Post
It's not much - depends on your luck/levels. I'd say do jelly king runs - they're usually good profit (6-7k guaranteed, again depending on where you start if you use "join party," what levels you get and your luck with the loot)...
Jelly king? Where do I meet that boss? Keep in mind that I only just got access to tier 2 about 2 days ago, and my equipment is 2 star equipment.
Liquid_fire89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
HeatSurge

Jelly king is in the "royal palace" or whatever - the pink castle icons on one of the gate maps. Right now it's the black/white "knight" gate I think. Just ask people in game, it's one of the most popular boss runs due to the good heat/crowns.

It's in tier 2, second stratum (towards the end of tier 2) so it will be difficult with 2 star equipment. IDK to be honest, I've gotten good crowns from some gates even doing tier 1... if there are arenas, just do tier 1 runs maybe... or snarbolax (if you want the shield - the other items are not worth it imo).
HeatSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Liquid_fire89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatSurge View Post
Jelly king is in the "royal palace" or whatever - the pink castle icons on one of the gate maps. Right now it's the black/white "knight" gate I think. Just ask people in game, it's one of the most popular boss runs due to the good heat/crowns.

It's in tier 2, second stratum (towards the end of tier 2) so it will be difficult with 2 star equipment. IDK to be honest, I've gotten good crowns from some gates even doing tier 1... if there are arenas, just do tier 1 runs maybe... or snarbolax (if you want the shield - the other items are not worth it imo).
Well, so far tier 1 runs seems to be the fastest and easiest way right now.
Liquid_fire89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
starlinvf

In general, the 2nd stratum of a tier yields much higher heat/crown then the 1st one. The idea was basil being the primary reward of getting to the terminal, and crown/heat being the reward for doing a full run of the tier.
starlinvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
Shawis

If u can do tier 2 runs or arenas which can give lots of crowns if u can manage to complete the whole arena..

A better advice is to ad lots of people as friends so u can join them in the later levels of either tier 1 or 2.. That way u get more crowns out of each 10 ce per elevator ride.. u can combine it with jelly if u want but then make sure that you join it at level 14 to get 3 jelly gems for defeating Jelly king..

Entering the later levels is without doubt the best way of making money..
Shawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Shawis

When you join from level 14 there is plenty of monsters wh could drop vitapods which are larger then the levels before so that is very wrong..
Shawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
Batabii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_fire89 View Post
Jelly king? Where do I meet that boss? Keep in mind that I only just got access to tier 2 about 2 days ago, and my equipment is 2 star equipment.
He means Royal Jelly. In the Royal Jelly Palace. Check the gate maps, look for a Slime themed Stratum 4.

Incidentally, I wouldn't recommend it. Royal Jelly is the cheapest boss short of Lord Vanaduke. I have 4 star armor and I still lose to it more often than not.

Last edited by Batabii: 07-20-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Batabii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_fire89 View Post
You may want to put off fighting Jelly King until you have at least some 3 star equipment. You can always leave before the boss level and still should make quite a bit of CR.
Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights