Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Heavy Chevy

Thanks guys
As always, I appreciate the support. I can't wait for the NEC either. Every screen shot looks better than the one before it. The RW3 update should also be an awesome addition to what we have already. I have been working on some scenery skins and models for my route and also look forward to what the update has to offer in terms of route building and editing.
Keep having fun with it an always remember that it is fun.

Have a good one.

Doug
www.smittyslocomotiveshed.com
Heavy Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
Howndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Hello:

I really debated on answering any of the negative comments that come up with regards to what I have to offer. I decided that I will but only once and short. I have been a train sim user a lot longer than a provider. Way before I offered anything, free or payware I was enjoying running trains. I was then and am still a big supported of just about all of the payware folks. I also enjoy many of the freeware offerings from around our community and thank all of these people very much. With regards to posting info about new releases in these forums, yes I think it is a good idea. As a player I would like to know about anything new, free or not. I will look it over and decide if it is for me. Free choice is the wonderful thing about living in a free world. Anyone can show me pretty much anything they like and then it is up to me to decide if I am interested or not.
Thank you again to all those who have continued to show interest in what I have to offer. Your kind words do a lot to keep me interested in being a part of all of this. Trust me, in the world we live in today words of kindness and encouragement are very much appreciated and needed.

Go out and enjoy the summer with your friends and family. Soak up what great things life has to offer.
Have a great weekend everyone

Doug Smith

Well said.

Cheers,
HD
Howndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #18
Heavy Chevy

Hello fellow train simmers.
I have just completed a new scenario pack for the Industrial Interactive route version 3. This is a Canadian themed set that has 5 scenarios running about 5.5 to 6 hours in length. You will need the route and a few other downloads for this to work. You will need the CN SD40-2 widecab and SW1500 sets from RS.Com and a few repaints from the free stuff page on my site. These scenarios also include a special set of CP hoppers done by Golden Age of Railroading. These are 70 and 100 ton hoppers that can be loaded and unloaded. The cars are stand alone and require no additional downloads to work. These are available here only and were done for Smitty’s Locomotive Shed.com. Visit the site for more info on required stock and scenario details. Special thanks to Michael Stephan for making this super nice, little route. The best thing about it is that it can be “Anywhere USA” or Canada for that matter.

I hope you enjoy it. Have a great remainder to the summer and a good start to the fall.

All the best.

Doug
Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
Heavy Chevy

Good eve everyone:

With the release of the 4th version of the fantastic SOO Line route many of you have been asking if my scenarios will work with the new version. Two of the four scenarios from my “SOO Line Services” pack required very small adjustments to get them to work with the new version. The updated scenarios can be run on either V4 or the older V3. If you bought this pack from me and get any error messages after updating to the V4 route please let me know. If you upgrade to V4 and get no errors, well computers do odd things. I would just leave it alone. If you do however require and upgrade to the pack I can get that to you ASAP. I can not guarantee that I will be able to keep scenarios working with every update to a freeware or even payware routes. I will however do my best to keep you guys rolling. The best thing to do is to keep copies of both versions on your computer and just install the different versions as you need them. A bit of a pain yes but you know that they will work with the older version. I would suggest this for any route not just the one outlined here.

Thanks again and keep the wheels on the iron.

Doug
Old 09-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
Heavy Chevy

Good afternoon guys and gals.
I just wanted to let you know that I have posted some new repaints on the "Free Stuff" page at my site. These are early Amtrak versions of the AEM-7 and cafe and coach Amfleet cars. You will need the NEC route to use these as always. This set and the GG1 by Mr. Cowen will be part of a scenario pack that I will have ready in the next few days. The GG1 will also require my Amtrak repaint.

Thanks again as always for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of the week and ahv a great weekend.

Doug
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
Heavy Chevy

Good day ladies and gentlemen. Well the long wait is over and we now have Train Simulator 2012. Although it has had mixed reviews thus far, give it time and I am sure we will all come to love it. The new features really do add a lot more realism to the look and feel of the simulator. I am sure that what ever bugs you are having RS.Com will do the best they can to put them right. Keep in mind that so many different PC options and setups exist, it is hard to tell what will happen for everyone. Overall I think the update is a huge step forward and like a fine wine it will get better with time. As for my scenarios I have been running them one by one after the update and all seems to be well with them. The update did not change things like track layout, markers or signals so in theory the scenarios should remain intact. If you do have any issues or any questions please feel free to contact me any time. I will do my best to correct any items that may come up or answer any questions you have. Remember that this is supposed to be fun so get out on the rails and enjoy.

Have a great day.
Doug
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #22
Heavy Chevy

Happy Monday morning everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. I bet you spent lots of time playing with TS2012, didn’t you. I am sure that you were not alone. For those of you having some issues with it, give it time. Play around with graphics settings and make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. I am sure all the little kinks will be ironed out.
Today I just wanted to let everyone know that I have released my scenario pack for the NEC entitled “After Mergers”. This one gives you a chance to run the mighty GG1 in both PRR and Amtrak colors. You will also run early AEM-7 service and move some freight around the yards. Take a look at the site for required stock and more details about each run. I may have some video up soon.

Thanks again and have fun.

Doug
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #23
Heavy Chevy

I had a bit of an issue with my AEM-7 and Amtrak car repaints after the NEC update. I have now applied the textures to the updated models and all seems to work well. The scenarios that I have done that use these repaints also work as normal. If you have this pack or any of the skins and are having any problems please let me know and I will do my best to fix you up. Thanks for all the understanding and support.

Keep on working the rails.

Doug
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #24
Heavy Chevy

Dear Smitty’s Locomotive Shed customers:

In response to the many inquiries with regards to my scenario packs I would like to point out the following updates that will be added to many of my items. Several folks have expressed an interest in my packages but do not have all the required content that is needed to run the different scenarios. Many people are also not comfortable with replacing stock either with the in game editor or with a 3rd party utility. I understand that many people are unsure of what effect changes they make may have on the reliability of the game. Over the next few weeks I will be adding “DEFAULT” versions to many of my existing packages. These will require only engines and stock that came with RW3 TS2012. In some cases a payware or freeware route may be required but nothing further. Some packs will not be upgraded to include this as the story lines within the scenario would not be valid without the required content. A good example of this would be the “Big Boy Battle”. The files will be included with the standard purchase and the file will be marked “DEFAULT”. This way you can install and play the default version immediately and upgrade to the DLC content version after you obtain the required stock.
The individual pages for each scenario pack will be updated to show “Includes DEFAULT stock version” as the changes become available. This will begin with the BNSF Eastbound to Chicago package.

I thank everyone again for all the kind words and support over the past few months and hope that this will be helpful for many of you who are interested in trying out what I have to offer.

All the best…

Doug Smith

Smitty’s Locomotive Shed
Old 10-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #25
Class76

That sounds good Heavy Chevy as I am one of the people you mention who cannot face the hassle of hunting down 3rd party payware or freeware to run scenarios.You will have a new customer on your books through this action me.
Class76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #26
rogerbaley777

I would like to throw my two cents in. I bought Default Duties scenario Pack and really like them. I would also like to add that when I had some trouble with a couple of them you have been very attentive and come up with solutions for me and I really appreciate it. Even though I might have to out some more money for additional DLC I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Roger

Last edited by rogerbaley777: 10-22-2011 at 10:33 AM.
rogerbaley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #27
arizonachris

Two members here that really go the extra mile, both in quality of goods and in customer service; Doug Smith and Lonewolfdon. I think I have all of Doug's scenarios, at least the ones I have routes for, and they all run great. Same with Don's routes and scenarios. You two would make one heck of a team, Doug. And this is a great idea.
arizonachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #28
Heavy Chevy

Thanks for all of that guys. I do my best to always take care of people. That is the way I was raised. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
I have already added DEFAULT versions of the Eastbound stack to Chicago, MAC Daddy delivery and the first "Keeping Industry Rolling" for the IIR route to the site. Each page will clearly indicate if the DEFAULT version is included. Some packs will need the route but that will be all.

Keep having fun and enjoy life.

All the best

Doug
Old 10-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
Heavy Chevy

Good afternoon fellow engineers:

With the release of All Aboard’s Ohio Steel 2 Dover and Massillon route now available on the All Aboard website I would like to let you know the following. I have just released my “Moving around Some Metal” scenario pack for the Ohio Steel 2 route. This is a ten pack of scenarios that use only “DEFAULT” stock and the BritKits “SteelWorks” set by Mt. Cowen. Over the past couple of weeks I have also updated my “Sunrise to Sunset” scenario package for Ohio Steel 2. This package now includes an all “DEFAULT” equipment version that requires only Railworks 3 TS2012 and the Ohio Steel 2 route. I have a special bundle offer for both packs that will give you all 18 scenarios and the Sunrise to Sunset “DEFAULT” equipment scenarios. Also note that the Moving around some metal package includes PDF work orders that you can print to make it a bit easier and more realistic when working through the scenarios.

If you already have Sunrise to Sunset and want the upgrade for Ohio Steel 2 and the “DEFAULT” equipment version please email me though my site and I will set you up with what you need.

Thanks again so very much to all of you for support over the last few months. Please enjoy these scenarios on Mr. Garber’s fantastic Massillon addition to Ohio Steel. I know he spent a great deal of time on these models and I am sure you will enjoy them.

Take care and all the best.

Doug
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #30
Heavy Chevy

Good day to everyone:

Over the past few days quite a few people have asked to be able to make purchases from my site without needing a PayPal account. I have made some recent changes that should now allow everyone with a credit card to purchase scenario packages from the site. With the packages for Ohio steel 2 now done I am already deep into the next project. Fans of the horse will be happy with this one. A chance to put some of that big black power to work.

Thanks to everyone again for all the continued interest and support. Look for more scenario packages and an update on my route project in the near future.

Have a super weekend
Doug

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks