Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Apollo11211

toybox and Facepunch problem

i know im probably reposting something thats already been posted, but here it goes....
I got Gmod about six months ago on steam and for a long time it worked just fine. i put addons in and they worked. i have 145 hours logged already. but about two months ago my toybox stopped working. when i tried to download a map, the icons would go around in a circle at the bottom like normal, but they wouldnt install the toybox maps. i kept getting HTTP errors in the console. when i tried to use stuff in the in-game toybox with sweps, entities, stuff like that, either the same thing would happen, or the whole game would crash instantly, no error messages, straight to the desktop like nothing happened. about then i got TF2 and some other games and my attention was diverted. now i really want to know whats going on and if it can be fixed.

ive made two facepunch accounts, both banned instantly after signing in, so i gave up on FP.

any help is greatly appreciated. my clan is starting to run servers, and im an admin and i need to get on there.

Windows XP Home Edition SP3
Conroe Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
Nvidia EVGA GT430
3GB RAM
MSI 945P Neo3 Mobo
Old 07-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Hochspeyer

First of all: Don't make a second account on Facepunch if the first one was banned.

Secondly: What was the reason for being banned? If it was for no legitimate reason(Or for something that you didn't do) then just make a post in the Refugee Camp explaining why you should be un-banned.

Thirdly: Try re-installing Garry's Mod or verify the game cache to see if any files are corrupt.
Hochspeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
kidnova23

Also, this might not be needed, but it would help to upgrade your OS to vista or 7.
kidnova23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Apollo11211

ive already reinstalled, defragged, and verifyed several times...ive reset my config.CFG to use the default and stll the same thing happens.
ive never heard of the refugee camp for FP but i havent been able to go anywhere on the FP site since being banned.
Apollo11211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Apollo11211

i never had any problems using XP before, and i enjoyed Gmod for a few months before this happened. also, i tried reinstalling the other day, and now in the in-game toybox browser, the only thing showing is a line of text saying "Internal server error 500" i know what HTTP error 500 error is, but why would it stop working so suddenly? according to update history for Gmod, there was no update in the timeframe that made any changes to toybox...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Apollo11211

another interesting thing: in the console when i start the game, heres what i get:

Mounting hl2.. OK
Mounting cstrike.. OK
Mounting dod.. No permission
Mounting ep2.. Disabled
Mounting tf.. OK
Mounting episodic.. Disabled
Mounting hl2mp.. OK
Mounting portal.. OK
Mounting lostcoast.. Disabled
Mounting hl1.. No permission
Mounting hl1mp.. No permission
Mounting zeno_clash.. No permission
Mounting left4dead2.. Disabled
Mounting left4dead.. Disabled
Mounting diprip.. Disabled
Mounting zps.. Disabled
Mounting pvkii.. Disabled
Mounting dystopia.. Disabled
Mounting ageofchivalry.. Disabled
Garry's Mod server.dll Build #125 [Jun 25 2011 19:58:09]
maxplayers set to 128
Unknown command "sv_allow_wait_command"
Steam config directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\apollo11211\garrysmod\platfo rm\config
CClientSteamContext logged on = 1
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_ipitch_level)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_iroll_level)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_iyaw_level)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_ipitch_cycle)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_iroll_cycle)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (v_iyaw_cycle)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (cl_bobup)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (cl_bob)
Both ConVars must be marked FCVAR_REPLICATED for linkage to work (cl_bobcycle)
Hud element 'CHudVote' doesn't have an entry 'CHudVote' in scripts/HudLayout.res
Garry's Mod client.dll Build #125 [Jun 25 2011 19:58:12]
maxplayers set to 1
Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
Unknown command "hud_showemptyweaponslots"
Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
Not playing a local game.
GetAllManifestFiles: Unable to load maplist.txt
Got toybox authentication

i have all the games on the list except HL1 and DOD:S and those assorted F2P mods. im interested in the line towards the end that says: GetAllManifestFiles: Unable to load maplist.txt

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod