Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rome: Total War series

Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Wickbam

Made a pretty dumb mistake

Hey all, I was wondering if I could get help with an error that was entirely of my making.

After purchasing RTW gold, I downloaded the latest version of Somnium Apostatae Iuliani. I then clicked on the steam games tab for RTW gold and opened "properties" and from their "set launch options." Here's where I had my re-re moment. Now I should have simply added "-mod:SAI -show_err" with a space after what was originally in the launch options tab, but I pasted over it altogether.

I know the original entry was something like "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4760" though it wasn't that exactly. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to retrieve the original entry in the launch options tab?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Col. Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickbam View Post
Hey all, I was wondering if I could get help with an error that was entirely of my making.

After purchasing RTW gold, I downloaded the latest version of Somnium Apostatae Iuliani. I then clicked on the steam games tab for RTW gold and opened "properties" and from their "set launch options." Here's where I had my re-re moment. Now I should have simply added "-mod:SAI -show_err" with a space after what was originally in the launch options tab, but I pasted over it altogether.

I know the original entry was something like "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4760" though it wasn't that exactly. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to retrieve the original entry in the launch options tab?

Thanks
It starts out blank, when I click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS, It reads: These options are for advanced users only.

Below that it is blank on mine

the shortcut on your desktop with no icon has an entry somewhat like that for "URL:steam://rungameid/4760"

EDIT: I dont know if it would restore that, but have you tried to verify the cache integrity, that usually repairs it back to working vanilla

Last edited by Col. Hamilton: 07-22-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Col. Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Wickbam

Thanks that did work, but I realized that somnium apostatae is going to be tricky since it's a BI mod and BI doesn't have it's own launch ID from steam. Any suggestions?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Col. Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickbam View Post
Thanks that did work, but I realized that somnium apostatae is going to be tricky since it's a BI mod and BI doesn't have it's own launch ID from steam. Any suggestions?
Its possible though, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=362675, I havent tried it yet since im doing SPQR mod at this moment, and its RTW 1.5
Col. Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rome: Total War series