Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)

Old 12-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
paulmon

please for the love of god (TK & TW)

give me a way to automatically kick/ban team killers. They are fast becoming the scurge of my server. I have had to turn FF off because it was becoming impossible to manage.

mp_spawnprotectiontime and
mp_autokick

have no effect whatsoever. idle people get kicked.

does anyone actually have these cvars working on their server.

I actually TK'd someone 8 times in a row at spawn (we had agreed to test it beforhand) and nothing happened.

P

Old 12-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #2
DJ Premier

mp_spawnprotectiontime used to work prior to the update. I'm sure Valve changing the cvar name and didn't tell anyone. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to hate valve. I just don't get it. how long does it take for them to put a sentence into a friggin readme. Basically, they just like to screw us and make us figure it out ourselves. They like to see us squirm.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Enforcer340

Thumbs up

rcon_password mypassword // logs you in as admin

status // lists all players ids and slots

rcon kickid 35 //kicks slot 35

rcon banid 0 35 kick //bans id 35 permenantly and kicks them (0 for perm or # of mins ie 15)

rcon writeid //writes the bans to banned_user.cfg on the server

rcon removeid steam_0:0:454545 // removes that steamid from the ban lists
Old 12-08-2004, 09:19 PM   #4
*E|M|F*wArgOd

Unless a major release that brings minimal functionality for admining VALVe servers shows up within a couple of months me and all my "best servers on the net" will be moving to a game from a vendor that cares about keeping customers.

Nothing from VALVe should receive anymore honors regardless of how hard the programmers worked since they failed to follow-through and do the entire scope right.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
paulmon

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Enforcer340
rcon_password mypassword // logs you in as admin

status // lists all players ids and slots

rcon kickid 35 //kicks slot 35

rcon banid 0 35 kick //bans id 35 permenantly and kicks them (0 for perm or # of mins ie 15)

rcon writeid //writes the bans to banned_user.cfg on the server

rcon removeid steam_0:0:454545 // removes that steamid from the ban lists
Apart from running 3 servers, a million pound a year business and a family. I have better things to do than continuously monitor servers for TK'ers. If you have nothing useful to post dont waste your bandwidth posting the drivel you posted.

please ffs.
P
Old 12-09-2004, 05:00 AM   #6
*E|M|F*wArgOd

lety's hope that million pounds a year is mostly net and mostly tax free eh?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:18 AM   #7
tkaway69

Quote:
Originally posted by paulmon
Apart from running 3 servers, a million pound a year business and a family. I have better things to do than continuously monitor servers for TK'ers. If you have nothing useful to post dont waste your bandwidth posting the drivel you posted.

please ffs.
P
The Guy gave you the best help there is out there. So Now you can jus G-F-Y. You wont be getting anymore help from here.

Last edited by tkaway69: 12-09-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:21 AM   #8
tkaway69

Quote:
Originally posted by *E|M|F*wArgOd
Unless a major release that brings minimal functionality for admining VALVe servers shows up within a couple of months me and all my "best servers on the net" will be moving to a game from a vendor that cares about keeping customers.

Nothing from VALVe should receive anymore honors regardless of how hard the programmers worked since they failed to follow-through and do the entire scope right.
As for you, do us a favor and dont wait for an update. Take your freakin crying elsewhere.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #9
paulmon

Quote:
Originally posted by tkaway69
The Guy gave you the best help there is out there. So Now you can jus G-F-Y. You wont be getting anymore help from here.
Thanks for that, but judging by your 11 posts you have made on this bbs since your registered I doubt I'll be losing out by not receiving your invaluable support.

To quote some of your past efforts at helping the community

Quote:
I have been playing Counter-Strike since 1.1 and I still enjoy a good round or three
Which makes you about 8 years old then because they are the only people that have to let everyone else know they have been playing the game since beta 1.

Quote:
Ok I have read but. If it is the account that is banned, not the cd key you registered. Then why cant you just delete the account and make another........Ohhh that would be to much work for steam......And God knows we dont need more Lag.
I have two Accounts. I had to purchase another jus so I could play on secure Servers. The account that was Banned I have had that account Since Counter-Strike hit the shelf. I purchased the Platinum Pack. I want to delete that account and Merge Condition-Zero to the account that is not banned.
You have two accounts. IMHO the only people that need two steam accounts or two WONid are those that have something to hide.

Quote:
I did not make this Post to have smart ©©© remarks about age. I bet your under the age limit to even be playing this game. I have Kids of my own older than you. The step Son in question is 19 yrs old.
See first quote about being 8 years old. What grown man would brag about playing CS since 1.1 and then tell everyone he has a 19 year old step son.

Quote:
Hahhaha "Configorator" thats the best word I can come up with. Will steam or Valve ever make a program, that sets up your config according to your hardware and connection, to give you the best gamming experience?
Spelling on configurator LMFAO.

I was shocked when I didnt find a post started by you that went something like Please valve can we have helecopters and SAM missiles in the next update

I dont like slanging matches so this will be my last response unless of course something useful is contributed.

Cheers
P
Old 12-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
tkaway69

Nice your smart enough to do a Check on my post. I have no reason to have Numerous post in here about Nothing. I have made many accounts in here. I have nothing to hide. All the accounts had baisicly the same name.
It's not my support your lossing Smart @$$. Your lossing the support of the whole community. I had no support for your arrogant @$$ in the first place.
Checking up on my spelling...... Nice..... So your a Schollar now. Give me a Break
I brag about alot of things I enjoy. Just ask your Sister.
Yea you might as well make it your last Post. Any thing you could say from this point on Is Just as Useless as your first post.

Last edited by tkaway69: 12-09-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
HeX314

Try using mp_tkpunish. That's the only command I can think of atm that should punish TKers.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #12
Sandman666

Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by paulmon
I was shocked when I didnt find a post started by you that went something like Please valve can we have helecopters and SAM missiles in the next update
Well, since it was done for TFC, it could easily be done for cs etc.
Sandman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #13
R2dn00b

Quote:
Your lossing the support of the whole community.
YOU'RE the LOSER

Quote:
I brag about alot of things I enjoy. Just ask your Sister.
Hang on......wait.......wait for it....waaait...HA..no sorry
Old 12-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #14
6M4N

Quote:
Originally posted by R2dn00b
Hang on......wait.......wait for it....waaait...HA..no sorry
lol
Old 12-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #15
JiggsCasey

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Premier
mp_spawnprotectiontime used to work prior to the update. I'm sure Valve changing the cvar name and didn't tell anyone. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to hate valve. I just don't get it. how long does it take for them to put a sentence into a friggin readme. Basically, they just like to screw us and make us figure it out ourselves. They like to see us squirm.
I'm starting to agree!! I'm at the point where I'm ready to [font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font]in' throw in the towel with the whole server thing. I ran a successful DOD server for about a year before hl2. Now, they've got two different version of a Windows based server and different ways for each of them to be set up. It's kind've a pain in the [font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font]....

Last edited by JiggsCasey: 12-10-2004 at 07:24 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)