Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #16
inconstantflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeShade View Post
Once again, its VALVE's decision to remove Crysis 2/BF3/Dragon Age 2, according to their rule&agreement, NOT EA
Looks to be this:

http://nerdreactor.com/2011/07/07/ea...y-dlc-release/

Legacy DLC will cost 800 bioware points. That doesn't follow steam's guidelines where they have to be able to sell everything associated with the game. Instead of bashing EA, ask Valve why they are the only ones who won't sell a game unless they can sell the dlc as well.
inconstantflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
Holiday Seal

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelter192 View Post
Are people gonna about a game as bad as Dragon Age 2?
Sorry bro, but dragon age is only the second worst game that exists. I am pretty sure there is worse.
Holiday Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
BlowitAllUp

It's kind of obvious why DLC should be sold as a separate game on Steam because as of right now you can't seem to install DLC bought from another source.

In other words, removing the games is a way to prevent people from messing up their Steam clients by trying to manually install DLC from somewhere else.
BlowitAllUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #19
nameofme

Nice
i sense that the average game quality on steam is higher then before
nameofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
Nekomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconstantflux View Post
Looks to be this:

Legacy DLC will cost 800 bioware points. That doesn't follow steam's guidelines where they have to be able to sell everything associated with the game. Instead of bashing EA, ask Valve why they are the only ones who won't sell a game unless they can sell the dlc as well.
They didn't complain about Mass Effect 2, which is still available on Steam and has DLC that can only be bought from Bioware.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
ititj

Steam wants to be able to sell ALL the DLC for a game because gamers will be able to get all the content and patches from one place. EA wants to have full control over distributing DLC for their games because they want their customers to know that patches and releaes will live up to the "EA standard" (whatever that means).

Its just a conflict of interest and since EA is the publisher they can pull their games from Steam all day long. They don't want to play ball with the Steam distrubtion platform.

It's understandable from both EA's and Steam's point of view to want to have full control but they BOTH can't have full control so it has to be cut from Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomancer View Post
They didn't complain about Mass Effect 2, which is still available on Steam and has DLC that can only be bought from Bioware.
oh wow didn't know about that that kind of makes what i just posted irrelevent
ititj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #22
Corruption876

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconstantflux View Post
Looks to be this:

I really need clarification on this whole deal, because it's confused me from the start. Games such as Dead Rising 2 (Capcom) and Bioshock 2 (2K) have DLC available at other storefronts (LIVE Marketplace) that is not available for purchase on Steam, yet these games remain with no (known) controversy. How specifically is EA's situation different?

Last edited by Corruption876: 07-26-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Corruption876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #23
inconstantflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruption876 View Post
I really need clarification on this whole deal, because it's confused me from the start. Games such as Dead Rising 2 and Bioshock 2 have DLC available at other storefronts (LIVE Marketplace) that is not available for purchase on Steam. How specifically is EA's situation different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomancer View Post
Interesting. I can't see it being anything else though at this moment. EA couldn't just arbitrarily breach the agreement and force a mass purge. Besides, they put Alice on here a month ago and after their big Origin press release.

Last edited by inconstantflux: 07-26-2011 at 06:13 PM.
inconstantflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #24
Nekomancer

Which was the second EA game to do that, the first being Dragon Age: Origins, also still available on Steam .
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #25
LedBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebe View Post
remove ALL EA games. hope they go bankrupt.
Yes because not having a game on Steam = bankrupt.

"Star Wars: The Old Republic set the new bar for EA's pre-order sales according the to the notes for the Q1 Fiscal Earnings Release. The previous bar was set by Battlefield 3, but according to President Frank Gibeau during the investor's conference call today, SWTOR far exceed BF3's pre-order sales. In fact, according to Gibeau the sales exceeded the company's expected sales curve, therefore breaking records no one at the game developing company could have expected."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07...reaks-records/

So many of you should have jobs over at Fox News or some other News Corp. place. Just pulling random crap out of your a$$es.

I also want to say. Isn't it funny how today is the day DA2 got its new DLC? So somehow now Valve has a problem with companies that bring out DLC unless it uses Steam to buy it? It looks like EA wasn't "lying" after all and some of you need to put the Valve bong down.

Last edited by LedBetter: 07-26-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
Corruption876

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBetter View Post
Yes because not having a game on Steam = bankrupt.

"Star Wars: The Old Republic set the new bar for EA's pre-order sales according the to the notes for the Q1 Fiscal Earnings Release. The previous bar was set by Battlefield 3, but according to President Frank Gibeau during the investor's conference call today, SWTOR far exceed BF3's pre-order sales. In fact, according to Gibeau the sales exceeded the company's expected sales curve, therefore breaking records no one at the game developing company could have expected."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07...reaks-records/

So many of you should have jobs over at Fox News or some other News Corp. place. Just pulling random crap out of your a$$es.

I also want to say. Isn't it funny how today is the day DA2 got its new DLC? So somehow now Valve has a problem with companies that bring out DLC unless it uses Steam to buy it? It looks like EA wasn't "lying" after all and some of you need to put the Valve bong down.
Again, there are several examples of other games, from other companies, that do not offer additional purchasable content directly through Steam. Maybe there is some technicality here I'm totally missing, but it just doesn't seem to add up.

Last edited by Corruption876: 07-26-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #27
LedBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruption876 View Post
Again, there are several examples of other games, from other companies, that do not offer there additional purchasable content directly through Steam. Maybe there is some technicality here I'm totally missing, but it just doesn't seem to add up.
Well EA has gone out and made multiple statements on this issue. Valve has given none. I can only assume that they are at fault here. So I don't know but then again I really don't care. I've only been using Steam for purchases of old games on sale. It seems that Green Man Gaming and D2D have way better prices on new games than Steam. Even giving 15-20% discount on any pre-orders.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #28
NorthernKingdom

Banned
Dragon Age 2 paid DLC was released today that's why.
NorthernKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #29
Corruption876

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBetter View Post
Well EA has gone out and made multiple statements on this issue. Valve has given none. I can only assume that they are at fault here. So I don't know but then again I really don't care. I've only been using Steam for purchases of old games on sale. It seems that Green Man Gaming and D2D have way better prices on new games than Steam. Even giving 15-20% discount on any pre-orders.
You sure went from righteously indignant to completely apathetic real quick there.

Personally I think there's more going on behind the scenes than we'll ever find out from either side.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
BlowitAllUp

WOW I think I just realized why Mass Effect 2 wasn't removed. It's because I was able to easily get the DLC to work on the Steam version.

So EA really is to blame because Valve is protecting the customers while EA is just out for money.
BlowitAllUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion