Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Call of Duty World at War

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
IansLuck
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
WaW Zombie Custom Maps Question?

Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing WaW for the computer so I can play some custom Zombie maps. I was just curious as if this was against the Steam Subscriber Agreement. If it is, I won't download any custom maps but if it isn't I would like to download them and play them (if I purchase the game). So is this against the "rules" of Steam?
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
PoniesAreGreat
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 3
Posts: 28
i downlaod custom maps and muc more from here

www.customcod.com

and they don't ban me

i play ZZOMBIE CASTLE ZOMBIE
zombie atack
dead sand elite...
PoniesAreGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
IansLuck
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoniesAreGreat View Post
i downlaod custom maps and muc more from here

www.customcod.com

and they don't ban me

i play ZZOMBIE CASTLE ZOMBIE
zombie atack
dead sand elite...
Well see, it says nothing about this is against the "rules" and I thank you for the link but, can you clarify to make sure it isn't against the rules? I'm sorry I'm being so paranoid, I just don't want my Steam account banned or something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
LastFaction
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 43
No. Any legitimate mod to a game that supports mods is not against the steam subscriber agreement. Valve is a huge fan of video game modifications and would be very unlikely to ban you for using legitimate mods, such as custom game types or custom maps.

If you are using programs such as aimbots or rank unlockers then you are cheating and that will get you in trouble.
LastFaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
-Aura-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 57
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansLuck View Post
Well see, it says nothing about this is against the "rules" and I thank you for the link but, can you clarify to make sure it isn't against the rules? I'm sorry I'm being so paranoid, I just don't want my Steam account banned or something.
You will only get steam banned if VAC considers certain actions you take as an infraction, however, as this game uses Punkbuster, you are 100% safe from any steam ban.
-Aura- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
WolframAdolphus
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastFaction View Post
No. Any legitimate mod to a game that supports mods is not against the steam subscriber agreement. Valve is a huge fan of video game modifications and would be very unlikely to ban you for using legitimate mods, such as custom game types or custom maps.

If you are using programs such as aimbots or rank unlockers then you are cheating and that will get you in trouble.
Yeah. Without mods, we wouldn't have team fortress
WolframAdolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Snowey111
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 33
Posts: 289
You guys make it sound illegal even though it isn't. Just say that it's legal. Don't talk about how it's "undetectable" talk about how it's legal.

If I was OP i'd be confused, maybe it's just me though.
How I'd phrase it:

WaW maps are allowed by the game, game doesn't use vac and vac wouldn't detect it as an infection, PB allows for you to install these maps.

Installing custom maps has no risk to it other than that you might break the game if you install it incorrectly (and then you verify your files and start over)..
Snowey111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
dopey247
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 16
Posts: 425
lol @ snowey

its fine,this is another site has some tut's and zombie mod's.
the mods from here are self instaling once you dl and save to desktop youll have an exe "ZM" just run it and itll install it in the proper place then you can delete the dl or save it whatever you wanna do.i like the project x one becouse it has weapones from cod 4


http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php
dopey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
Zemnas768
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 15
Posts: 25
Yes, the developers gave us tools to make maps only to get us banned, ITS BRILLIANT
Zemnas768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Skopjanec
 
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 17
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansLuck View Post
Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing WaW for the computer so I can play some custom Zombie maps. I was just curious as if this was against the Steam Subscriber Agreement. If it is, I won't download any custom maps but if it isn't I would like to download them and play them (if I purchase the game). So is this against the "rules" of Steam?
nobody is going to ban you mate,i play left4dead2 new maps and campaings all the time from l4dmaps.com and noone ban me.
Skopjanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #11
Fat Cat
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 182
Posts: 1,217
BESIDES, punkbuster is not even used or enabled in single player mode. So no ban, nothing.
Fat Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
mynameissam
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 5
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansLuck View Post
Hello everyone, I am thinking about purchasing WaW for the computer so I can play some custom Zombie maps. I was just curious as if this was against the Steam Subscriber Agreement. If it is, I won't download any custom maps but if it isn't I would like to download them and play them (if I purchase the game). So is this against the "rules" of Steam?
I just review Call of duty World at wars on Steam store. It is not VAC. You should be able to mod your game fine without get VAC banned There are owner of server and they can banned you as they wanted.
mynameissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Call of Duty World at War


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.