Banned
What the hell, this looks exactly like Trapped Dead

Dead Horde:
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...g?t=1311796755

Trapped Dead:
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...g?t=1311100722
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
ZebraJCH

The only thing that I can see is that they are both isometric and have melee-based enemies.

Zombies and an isometric perspective are two extremely common traits in games these days.
ZebraJCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Rubz

I suppose they are similar in a sense. The player control and gameplay however is very different.

-I enjoy trapped dead a lot =) But have been waiting for this game since the second I heard about it. I'm a "dead nation" fan for the ps3, but I do not own a console :P

(I hope this game to fill a void that Dead Frontier is just not filling at the moment.)

Last edited by Rubz: 07-27-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: its dead nation apparently :P
Rubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
CaptainDingo

I hope they're not similar in the sense that Trapped Dead is an absolutely abysmal game...
CaptainDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
Rubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post
I hope they're not similar in the sense that Trapped Dead is an absolutely abysmal game...

TD appealed to me, but I enjoy it coop much more then sp.
If the look is not appealing to you, then maybe it's not going to work for ya

If it was the control and gameplay, then maybe this one will please you. That is not a cursor, it's a cross hair.

I do hope they release a demo for people who are unsure what the game is exactly. I've seen better quality gameplay video on the net. The trailer they made does it some gameplay justice, but little in graphical sense.

The little bits I've played I'm very pleased. I can see this being much more action packed. Rather then straight tactics and understanding of the game mechanics.
Even the title screen was appealing and looked nice. While setting video settings (which had my custom desktop resolution available) I watched a zombie seemingly run and try to attack a crow on the ground. Of course the crow would have none of this and quickly flew off. Amused me greatly. I never said I wasn't simple =).
(This is the kind of game I could enjoy SP and coop)
Old 07-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
corwyn77

Yeah, similar styles certainly, also reminiscent of Zombie Shooter and Nation Red. I was wondering how all four compared. Anyone played all four?

For my perspective, I'm fairly casually skilled for these sorts of games. I suck at NR but enjoyed ZS. How do the other two compare in difficulty?

Last edited by corwyn77: 07-27-2011 at 04:20 PM.
corwyn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Rubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn77 View Post
Yeah, similar styles certainly, also reminiscent of Zombie Shooter and Nation Red. I was wondering how all four compared. Anyone played all four?

For my perspective, I'm fairly casually skilled for these sorts of games. I suck at NR but enjoyed ZS. How do the other two compare in difficulty?
I also enjoy ZS and NR, (also better in ZS then NR :P) This game seems to have harder settings that unlock once you have beaten the setting below it. (Ease and Normal are unlocked by default). I would assume by your statement that you would do well while playing this game, probably enjoying the massive mean hordes the harder modes will most likely provide.

I would say it's a bit more in the ZS vein then NR. But they all have their own unique things.

Unfortunately I've not play far enough to say for sure yet. I'm sure there will be difficulty spikes throughout the game. The game however will limit how many weapons you can carry (Two?). Where in ZS you would be able to tear stuff down with anything as soon as you unlock and supply it. Little more NR "realistic?" in this sense.

I still enjoy ZS and NR, but I've overplayed ZS and the zero exploring area part of NR is saddening sometimes. So this dead horde game has been greatly enjoyable so far.

Last edited by Rubz: 07-27-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Balmert

Look more like Dead nation to me ...
Balmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Maxsayo

for a game made by 5 people (9 if you add the 4 special thanks) this is quite a fun game. I dont know why this game is under a lot of fire from the gamers out there.
Maxsayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
Futuristic

It actually looks a lot more like Zombie Shooter than Trapped Dead, Trapped Dead is more, slow paced, almost turned based like.
Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
enemyofportal

Banned
you'd better pass this kind of games, and be careful before buying. there are many zombie games. but only few games are good. skip this craps. wait for dead island if you want to buy new zombie game. I think that dead island seems to combine with some elements from dead rising and left 4 dead, and little RPG stuff. well, I am tired of this kind of games whatsoever.
enemyofportal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
madmarten

I don't see anything on the store page that sets it apart from the other million billion zombie shooters on the market. And I'm not surprised as DnS Development also made Twin Sector (Portal rip-off) and Booster Trooper (Soldat rip-off). Zero creativity here. Skip.

Last edited by madmarten: 07-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
MiahHman

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyofportal View Post
you'd better pass this kind of games, and be careful before buying. there are many zombie games. but only few games are good. skip this craps. wait for dead island if you want to buy new zombie game. I think that dead island seems to combine with some elements from dead rising and left 4 dead, and little RPG stuff. well, I am tired of this kind of games whatsoever.
Dead Island is a AAA title. Some people out there actually enjoy and appreciate what indie developers are trying to do.

Anybody debating, this game has more in common with Shadow Grounds than it does Trapped Dead. Trapped Dead is closer to a survival game, and has a much overall slower pacing. I have played Trapped Dead, Zombie Shooter, Dead Nation, and both Shadow Grounds.

And also, $10 is much more affordable to people than $50. So telling people to "skip this craps" for a much more expensive game that won't be out for another month is kinda silly. If you prefer Left4Dead type gameplay over top-down indie titles then you're gonna be a bit biased, which you clearly are.

Last edited by MiahHman: 07-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.
MiahHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
DollerDollah

Banned
Trapped Dead is strategy survival horror.

Dead Horde is top down action like Nation Red
DollerDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
Jderz

Oh look another zombie shmup. Well that never gets old.
Jderz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Horde