Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur

Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Nashafa

Question HOW TO CONNECT XBOX CONTROLLER TO PC?

I just got Blur. Works great! But i realized it can work with xbox controllers. But i had no clue how to connect it. i am using the controller that came with my 360. I looked up forums online but only found confusing emulators and hacks. I thought since the game is controller enabled there will be a simpler and easier way that i just have to download a driver or something.

Please help.

Thank you.
-Nashafa
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Batguano

Assuming you are either Windows Vista or 7, just plug it in and it will be automatically enalbled. It might take downloading a driver from Windows with XP, but it still should be pretty automated.

Jack that baby into the USB port and you should be fine.

Bats
Batguano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
jzzmatic2000

If you're talking about the wireless controller (I don't know which type they bundle with the consoles), you'll need a USB dongle to connect it to the PC. However, I believe the dongle adapter is no longer sold at retail independently of another controller anymore.

So if you need that, it's $60, available at most electronics retailers, and you get another controller. Look for "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows." Otherwise check eBay for the dongle itself.
jzzmatic2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzzmatic2000 View Post
If you're talking about the wireless controller (I don't know which type they bundle with the consoles), you'll need a USB dongle to connect it to the PC. However, I believe the dongle adapter is no longer sold at retail independently of another controller anymore.

So if you need that, it's $60, available at most electronics retailers, and you get another controller. Look for "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows." Otherwise check eBay for the dongle itself.
Amazon will also work if you're looking for one.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Spattercat

I'd recommend the cheapest legitimate xbox 360 wired (usb plug in) controller you can find. Wireless are pretty iffy, imo.
Spattercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur