Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cloning Clyde

Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
kal3jdoskop

Problem with the last level (24th)

I can't end this level, I've rescued all Clydes, found all figures, but i can't reach the teleporter which is needed to end level. The teleporter is under water. But Clyde can walk on bottom only for a very short while and he automatically swim to the surface. Please, help me If anyone could show me the movie where i could see, how end this level, I would be VERY grateful. Of course, if it is impossible, explanation in post will be very nice too.

<sorry for my langauge, but I'm a foreigner>
Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Amander

The last level doesn't have any teleporters at the bottom. You have to destroy all the machines to free the giant Clyde.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
kal3jdoskop

Hmm.. Maybe that is not the last level, because I've destroyed all machines and there is only a teleporter and no Big Clyde. This level is called "The great machine", if I good remember. Here is the screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...atmachine.png/

That is the level, where these "walls" are opening up, after going through every "part" of this level. And when the last mechanical wall is up, there is a teleporter, but it is in the water.

P.S. I forgot to tell-I'm playing in PC version.
kal3jdoskop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
Amander

This is not the last level. It's quite long but surely not the last level. I don't remember the exact way to solve this as I've played it only once, but I'll download the game and try to look it up.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Amander

Ah, made it. No special trick involved, you just have to go into the teleporter before Clyde decides to swim up.

For me, it worked to go down and not go through the teleport at the first try. Instead, wait til Clyde swims up to the surface. When he's there, he's ready to swim down after a second or so. Swim down then and directly to the teleporter.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
kal3jdoskop

I've try that method so many times and never reached the teleport Could you record for me this moment? Maybe with x-fire, fraps or something like that? In Youtube there is no video-solution for this level, I've checked it already.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
Amander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvN2yODV6S8
Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
kal3jdoskop

Many thanks for movie! But I still can't end this level On this movie Clyde after very short while is starting to "choke" under water. But when I'm playing, he is starting to chocke immediately and it is impossible to reach the teleport. I don't know why, I've got normal steam version, I can't understand it I've tried even with "easy", but it is the same situation.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Amander

If your Clyde starts chocking immediately, how did you manage to go through the level at all? At one of the places, you have to go through a door which you have to swim to.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #10
kal3jdoskop

Yes, I remember that in one place there was a passage under the water, but this was very short distant and I could reach it before Clyde was starting to swim up (because when he is starting to choke, there is "first sound", when he is not starting to swim up yet, and "second sound"-Clyde starts to swim up. But at the end of this level there is bigger distance-I can reach the bottom only for very short while and I don't have a possibility to reach the teleport when I'm still on bottom. I've tried many times.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #11
Amander

You don't reach the bottom and reach the teleport while on the bottom. Look at my video. I FIRST swim to the teleport and THEN go to the botton. Clyde is bloody slow when walking on the ground of a water area.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #12
kal3jdoskop

I've tried (many times!) on both ways-"swimming" (rather "falling down") as close as possible to teleport, or reach the bottom and walk. In both ways I can't get do teleport. I also tried to do it EXCACTLY like is it on movie (every place, every move), but in "half way"(which is presented on the movie) in the water Clyde starting to swim up. I don't know why, we've got the same game :P Is there a possibility for Clyde to "fall down" in the water faster? I think that my Clyde is falling slower than these on the movie, I don't know why. I've tried to press only the left button, the left and down button-still nothing.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #13
Amander

The other game from the same publisher suffers from certain game timing elements beind dependant on the CPU speed. No kidding. If really nothing works (including swimming up when Clyde starts choking and down again when possible), than you might have met this problem.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
kal3jdoskop

Yes, that can be the source of my problem! I will copy my save games and try on better PC. Anyway, many, many, many, many thanks for help
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #15
Captain Jax

Wahoo Studios
kal3jdoskp,

Sorry about the difficulties. It is strange that you are following the video and unable to complete this. Amander is correct that there may be some issue with CPU speed creating the problem, but I'm not sure. I'll contact our QA and see what info I can find for you.
Captain Jax is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cloning Clyde