Update (August 5th 2011):

Improved: jump distance decreased
Improved: jump animation duration decreased
Improved: jump timer refilled faster
Improved: tethering distance slightly increased
Improved: disabled shooting in forklift
Improved: number of free slots shown in server browser on hosted games
Fixed: kill stats synced in co-op play, fixes kills achievements in co-op
Fixed: endless black screen flickering if game is set to full screen on some PCs
Fixed: stability issue, if player follows an invitation and the game was not started before
Fixed: harbor - added barriers to avoid exiting the play area in one place
Fixed: harbor - vehicle can no longer enter forbidden area
Fixed: weapons attached to vehicles are now working after pressing reload button or entering vehicle during reload
Fixed: memory leak

Feel free to post bugs or suggestions in this thread

Thanks,
Axel

Last edited by DnS-Dei: 08-12-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
ComaCaress

Some bugs I've noticed:

Sometimes after playing for a few minutes I will be unable to use the options menu in game. When I click "options" the screen dims, but nothing comes up. It seems to be permanent once it happens and will persist into the main menu if I leave my game. It only goes away when I exit and restart the game.

Rolling (which for some reason is called "jumping" in the game even though it's like a half-sprint, half-roll and no jumping is involved) is a useless function is not worth the risk of using. Very often you will collide with the invisible corner of some object and stop moving, at which point the rolling animation will continue until it has finished, leaving you helpless to do anything as you are mauled to death by zombies. You should instantly come out of the roll if you collide with something. Rolling is especially useless in the co-op, which is killed by the screen tether between players. Unless the players are moving in the same direction, the distance of the roll is often times greater than the distance that you can move, resulting in you smacking against an invisible wall and rolling in place as you are once again helplessly munched by zombies.

With that said, please remove the tethered coop. This is the biggest thing that kills the game for me and apparently a lot of other people on the forums. The game is impossible when you are bound to a six inch radius of movement on your screen, and is virtually unplayable on the harder difficulties. I feel like it would be vastly improved if you were able to move and maneuver freely. It's stupid and unnecessary when your partner is killed by a horde of zombies because you can't chase him down fast enough so he can move away. There's no amount of skill or strategy that can compensate for such a terrible game mechanic.

For what it is, I really like the game. I don't regret buying it. I just think it could be much more enjoyable if some of these bigger issues were fixed.

Thanks
ComaCaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Faur

Just finished the game in coop with my friend. It was alright as a budget dualstick shooter and we might go for the harder modes later.

Sometimes when my friend picked up an item, the item wouldn't disappear on my screen and vice versa, which made for some confusing attempts at coordinating health pickups.

There are a lot of invisible walls for areas where it appears you want us to go. It's a little confusing when there's an open garage door with an invisible wall infront of it, instead of just closing the door.
There was even a spot where we could enter a barn from a hole in it's side, but we couldn't exit through it's main entrance which appeared as wide open.

A couple of times we would have monsters spawn on us or come in from off-screen while we were in the weapons shop screen. It would be handy if getting attacked kicked you out of the screen, or that the shop wouldn't open until the area was clear.

The weapons don't feel very powerful, especially about halfway through the game when you have your assault rifle maxed out before you start getting other weapons, it just feels a little pointless having to purchase shotgun shells for thousands of dollars when it deals what feels like sameish damage as the rifle anyways. I found myself wanting to discard some of my weapons just because it made it a bit awkward to swap to the right one when I needed it.
The final weapon was especially disappointing. I still felt like my assault rifle was faster for taking down dudes.
Faur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Endosanity

Minor things:

That big Boomer-esque dude, y'know... spits green goo and explodes when killed, he seems to be able to cause barf damage when he's not even remotely close to you. You should give him a punching motion too just for good measure if he gets close.

Then there's the dogs. if they get close they kind of... float... after you following you around in this frozen half jump motion. It just looks goofy is all.

And... change the death yell for the mutants to something else? Okay, so that was a long shot but I had to try.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 AM   #5
justing943

I'm honestly not sure of the cause, but on my laptop [maybe that's why?] that can run almost all games released in recent times and the past few years, Dead Horde has jumpy movements. My character seems to be jumping a lot of frames when I move, and very often while I'm moving around, my guy literally moves a chunk of the screen within one frame and it looks and plays really badly. Any ideas?
justing943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by justing943 View Post
I'm honestly not sure of the cause, but on my laptop [maybe that's why?] that can run almost all games released in recent times and the past few years, Dead Horde has jumpy movements. My character seems to be jumping a lot of frames when I move, and very often while I'm moving around, my guy literally moves a chunk of the screen within one frame and it looks and plays really badly. Any ideas?
Could you mail a dxdiag and the logfile located in [USER]\documents\deadhorde to support@dns-development.com

Have you tried to reduce the gfx settings: low texture quality, lower shadow quality, turn off SSAO?
DnS-Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
chopstix

A quick addition to the above. The jumping zombie that comes in during the latter half of the game can easily get stuck around stairs and vehicles. Not a huge issue overall, but it occasionally removes the challenge of that specific battle since he can be shot at in relative safety.
chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
justing943

DnS-Dei, yeah I've been playing with literally every single setting on lowest and also tried turning things like vsync on and off to try if it worked. Also, I'm noticing the loading times seem excessively large =/ I'm not sure if the team on your side are planning to fix that, but if you do, that'd be great ! Ok, I'll send the log file over right away.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited by justing943: 07-31-2011 at 04:05 PM.
justing943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
DarkByke

First of all, really enjoying the game! Just did a round of coop and it was really fun

Suggestions:
1. Footsteps audio, please dampen it quite a lot. It seems to take over the whole game at this point.
2. Is there a way to add # of players to the join coop server browser? This was we can see which games are full already.
DarkByke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
Endosanity

Something else I noticed, if you do a barrel-roll and press the fire button midway through your dude won't come out of it firing. You have to wait for him to complete the run/jump/roll motion and then press fire for him to shoot.

And the option to buy some of the cooler weapons earlier on, like the shotgun, would be awesome.

Last edited by Endosanity: 08-01-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #11
dabi

Hi,

i bought DeadHorde yesterday and the game won´t start. Nothing shows on the monitor but in the microsoft TaskManager is the process running.

I changed in claw.prefs the windowmode to 1. But nothing will happen. I have deinstalled the game twice, i delete all files but nothing is going.

You have a idea?

dabi
Old 08-01-2011, 03:28 AM   #12
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkByke View Post
First of all, really enjoying the game! Just did a round of coop and it was really fun

Suggestions:
1. Footsteps audio, please dampen it quite a lot. It seems to take over the whole game at this point.
2. Is there a way to add # of players to the join coop server browser? This was we can see which games are full already.
Could you mail a dxdiag of your system to support@dns-development.com , we have seen the footstep issue in a youtube gameplay video but we cannot reproduce this yet, so this maybe a soundcard/driver issue.
We will also add the number of players in the serverbrowser
Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #13
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabi View Post
Hi,

i bought DeadHorde yesterday and the game won´t start. Nothing shows on the monitor but in the microsoft TaskManager is the process running.

I changed in claw.prefs the windowmode to 1. But nothing will happen. I have deinstalled the game twice, i delete all files but nothing is going.

You have a idea?

dabi
Where did you edit the claws.prefs file? You should editor delete it in [USER]\documents\deadhorde, the one located in the install folder are the default settings and are only used if the file claws.prefs does not exist in the [USER]\... location.

Could you please mail the logfile and claws.prefs file located in [USER]\documents\deadhorde to support@dns-development.com
Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 AM   #14
dabi

i changed in [USER]\documents\deadhorde
Now i have the problem that no more folder exist in [USER]\documents\deadhorde. I deleted last time and i install it again, but no more folder.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:24 AM   #15
DnS-Dei

DnS Staff
The folder should be created on start of the game if it does not exist.

Did you change the claws.prefs in the install folder before?

Try to validate the installation.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Horde