Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead

Old 07-30-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
luckyshot572

Custom map for Xbox 360

I've been playing l4d for about 2 1/2 years now, and for a while now I've wanted to try a couple of the community campaigns but specifically I really want play through the hunter training map. I don't have a computer though suited to playing games online. I happen to have aquired an xbox from a friend that while banned from live, will play burnt games. And I've successfully moved my game files to my computer. I find it unlikely however that simply dropping the new campaign files in to the others would allow me to run the additional campaigns, as the xbox edition isn't set up for add-ons. Do I need to purchase a pc version and move some of those files? Would those files be compatible with the xbox ones, or would I have to edit them? Or would simply editing a couple of the xbox files be sufficient? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Bindal

Banned
There are no custom campaigns for the 360. That would mean "free content" and Microsoft hates "free content"
Bindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Sarena89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindal View Post
There are no custom campaigns for the 360. That would mean "free content" and Microsoft hates "free content"
Microsoft isn't against free content all of the time. we get things for free alot more now than you think. if you actually owned one you'd see that we have been getting free arcade games but they get rid of them after a while like if they're old and noone downloads them anymore etc... i believe three or so months ago we got 2 more arcade games made by them for free. and were getting another Red dead redemption DLC for free. not to mention Portal 2 upcoming DLC. everyone gets that for free.. and im sure something else will be free soon.

so if they truly hated free content they wouldn't give us anything for free.

How many times did i say free? lol

Last edited by Sarena89: 07-30-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Sarena89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
gotthisfortf2

Banned
Come on just buy the games dude.And no you cannot get custom maps on xbox.
gotthisfortf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
luckyshot572

I do own the game on xbox, as I said I've owned it for a couple of years already. And I know that you can't normally play custom maps on the 360 that's why I'm going through the trouble. I also stated that I don't mind buying it again if I have to in order to play the custom maps on the 360. I just got an xbox that's already been banned from live in order to set this up so that I can play the custom maps on it. You can't tell me noones tried to mod the custom maps into the xbox version? I'm just looking for some assistance or someone to bounce some ideas off of, as I didn't want to waste a bunch of DL DVDs on trial and error, but I guess I'll do it the hard way.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Bindal

Banned
I don't even think that the 360 ever got the needed files to play custom campaigns in the first place. Not just the menu.res-files, but also everything else.
Bindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
luckyshot572

So do I need to just attempt to make write the pc files as a 360 game? Or are there certain files I would need that I might be able to just move or edit?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead