Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 11-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #136
summitus

Thanks for a great game , I am getting crashes too but will look forward to the fixes/patches , gratz on a brilliant game !

Ps , I'm going to feature this game on my youtube channel
summitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #137
alexUW

Quote:
Ultra-Violence option
All games should have that option!
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:42 AM   #138
the_bob

The game crashes very often when I'm using the Excidium.

It seems to happen mainly when there are other explosives flying around, such as the ones produced by the deus ex machina or the federal shock troopers.

Additionally, the Excidium doesn't have a visible projectile, which it IMO should have due to the relatively slow speed. Am I missing some data files/textures ?

Other then that, I'm often getting crashes when loading maps (any map other then the one with the portal and the Mysterious guy), especially after playing for a while. The game usually crashes when loading the fourth or fifth map in a row, rarely for the first three.

Also, I have the game crash when I enter the bar in the basement at New Eden, probably caused by loading the music there. It usually happens after I've played the game for a while, I can usually enter the bar without crashing if I go there first after loading the map (eg. right after getting the objective to kill everyone in the bar).

The good news is that these are all the crashes I'm getting - there aren't many random crashes besides these, and they are acceptably rare. In other words, except for loading maps, using the Excidium and the one spot in New Eden, the game is stable for me.

I'm using win Vista 32bit, geforce 560Ti (recent BETA drivers), core2quad xeon CPU with FB-DIMM RAM.

Also, after each crash, when I verify the game cache, Steam finds some corrupt files that are re-downloaded. Game runs (and crashes) same regardless of whether I do that or not.
the_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #139
stinkytaco

Banned
Frequent crashes.

Trying to serve after verifying the cache and now it does not work.

Here is the dump from the console :

Quote:
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. You won't be able to speak to other players.Spawn: info_player_solo1
statut player: 1
Bad pstudiohdr in GetSequenceLinearMotion()!
Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode disabled.
JoJoe connected
You are on team Culter
Error reading weapon data file for: weapon_physcannon
Error reading weapon data file for: weapon_frag
Redownloading all lightmaps
it would be nice to server again. After every crash i get new files that need to be re-downloaded
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #140
snekadid

Every other level change the game crashes, it suddenly goes to the struem logo then windows asks if i want to see if theres a reason why it crashed if that helps. its not as bad as before the big patch but this is still fairly breaking having to reload every hour. Its a great game despite the bugs and naysayers, took the risks and made a complex game that mainstream publishers wouldnt try, you just need to keep the game on ^^.
snekadid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #141
djdec

I get crashes when loading missions. i played yesterday for a while and when i came out of the HQ thingy after the tutorial mission and all that it just closed and came up with out of memory error.

Today i had to reacquire files then it just displays the Streum logo and crashes (EYE has stopped working) every time i go past the loading screen after the dream. and each time it crashes i have to reacquire files and it just does it again.

I want to like this game but the crashes are stopping me from doing so.
djdec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #142
DrackoShen

Hi!!

I have 2 PCs, a desktop and a laptop. In the desktop, the game doesn't even launch, eye.exe is active but game won't start. However it successfully launched a few times but the game froze as soon as a loading phase is required, I tried to do everything that you have set, but still crash. In the laptop don't have any problems.

Desktop PC specs:
Intel i7 920 2800 MHz
6GB DDR3 (3x2GB Mushkin 996677st)
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Asus P6T SE motherboard

The Laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-6b13ss:
Intel i7 2670QM 2200 MHz
8GB DDR3 (2x4GB)
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 2GB GDDR5
Chipset Intel HM65 Express
DrackoShen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #143
gambit131

Hi, I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game, verified the local game content in steam and I can not get it to launch. I've updated my video drivers. I see the process running in Task Manager but no interface. Please help, I'd like to play this game I bought.
Win 7 SP1
Intel Core 2 6600
4 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5670

Thanks!
gambit131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #144
Bongolio

So I am reinstalling at the moment, but the crashes right on start up, which is really weird...

win7 64bit
i5 at 4.0ghz
16gb Ram
Nvidia CTX570
Bongolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #145
Roko95

Hi, i bought this game 2 days ago and i am still getting the crash after i try to wake up at the portal, has a new patch been released? I really want to play this game fully.
Roko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #146
stinkytaco

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongolio View Post
So I am reinstalling at the moment, but the crashes right on start up, which is really weird...

win7 64bit
i5 at 4.0ghz
16gb Ram
Nvidia CTX570
disable the startup video. Rightclick on the game and in the properties there is a button for launch or startup options. I think it is something like -novid. The video crashes me too.

EDIT:

Here is a bunch of options, look under commandline to optimize for your system.
http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_7.html

Last edited by stinkytaco: 03-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #147
Streumon

Streum On Studio
Did it fix the issue?
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #148
N1CK3Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roko95 View Post
Hi, i bought this game 2 days ago and i am still getting the crash after i try to wake up at the portal, has a new patch been released? I really want to play this game fully.
I have had the same problem for quite a few months. When I create a character and try to wake up, the game crashes right after the loading that ensues. I've tried joining games online and it worked for about 30 seconds before it crashed again.

Here's my configuration :
wine 1.5.4 on Fedora Linux 16 64bits (yes, I know)
ASUS K73SV
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
4GB DDR3
GeForce GT 540M SDDR3 1GB

Other Source games work pretty well.
N1CK3Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #149
pseudo

Hi! I have a crash at the end of the New Eden level when you go to the bar. Whenever I go down the stairs to see the barman, the game crashes. I've tried disabling ultraviolence but that didn't do it. I'll try the other solutions but are there any logs or anything I can post here to assist with it? After the patch I am still having issues with crashes between levels as well. :x
pseudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #150
Streumon

Streum On Studio
N1CK3Y-> I’m not very familiar with Wine but as far as I know it should work. Could you try to lower all your graphic options to the minimum to see if it changes anything? If it doesn’t, try to temporary remove your saves: delete or simply move all files in “Steam\SteamApps\common\eye\EYE\resource\vgui\save ” except save_french.txt, save_english.txt and avatarlist.txt. Then open avatarlist.txt and delete any entry. After that, save the file and run the game.

pseudo-> Basically, lowering the graphic options and/or updating your drivers should help concerning the crashes. I assume you are on a 32bit OS but I don’t know what your specs are. Could you send me a mail at support@streumon-studio.com with your config specs, firewall, antivirus….
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy