Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > War Inc. Battlezone

Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
jwsto

Not a Virus. Here's what to do.

First of all you should check the game's forums ( http://forums.thewarinc.com/forum.php ) not Steam forums.. all of you could find the answer much faster. Anyway this problem seems to be only with AVG, here's an email they sent me:

"Our anti-cheat\hack system sometimes triggers false virus alarm. We will work with AVG on how to stop that false alarm.

In meantime you have to manually disable your anti virus scanning of the game folder. You can also double check that file is from us by checking the digital signature on the file (Properties->Digital Signatures). It should be signed by Arktos Entertainment Group LLC.

Also, if in doubt, double check the WarInc.exe file here:
http://www.virustotal.com
It shows that only AVG and Rising anti viruses are thinking that this is a virus.

To disable AVG please following this :

> Tools > Advanced > Resident Shield > Excluded Items > adding path to WarInc folder - got me back in after checking digital signature was correct, thanks for the prompt answer, hope you get yours sorted quickly as well"

Last edited by jwsto: 07-30-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added link to the forums
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
jellinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsto View Post
First of all you should check the game's forums ( http://forums.thewarinc.com/forum.php ) not Steam forums.. all of you could find the answer much faster.
i've tried to post on their forum, but i cant get logged in and they dont let you browse their forums unless you're logged in. so for me that didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsto View Post
To disable AVG please following this :

> Tools > Advanced > Resident Shield > Excluded Items > adding path to WarInc folder
i already tried this without success. i exempted both the file and the path, but avg still prevented them from running.
jellinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
jwsto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellinn View Post
i've tried to post on their forum, but i cant get logged in and they dont let you browse their forums unless you're logged in. so for me that didn't work.
Well that's strange I can log in with both my accounts, the one I made with steam and the one I made on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellinn View Post
i already tried this without success. i exempted both the file and the path, but avg still prevented them from running.
Okay here's something someone wrote about it on the War Inc forum, I don't have AVG so I can't test it myself.

Quote:
think this will work avg>tools>avanced setting>resident shield>exclude>select war inc path

then go to quarintine and add the virus to the vault>remove the virus from pc.reset pc start war inc and was able to get in
jwsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
thudfx

support system sucks as well

I got into the forums ok but the tech support system blows chunks.

I somehow got into it once to log a problem ticket. The system generated an email to my account when a tech asked me what my problem was.

I replied to the email.

I got an email telling me my status was updated.... could not get into the system to see it.... did not like my password.

Waited a couple of days to see if the content I spent my dollars on was there.... still nothing.

Replied to the email sent to me looking for update ... nothing.

Forwarded the email sent to me to primary support email address.

Got a response that the first ticket/email I replied to was not generated by their system. My request for a password reset on the support system was answered with the instructions on creating an account on their forum.... they are separate systems.

Good luck to anyone looking for an answer.
thudfx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > War Inc. Battlezone