Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
TheMC173
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 224
Should Steam Have Pre-Paid Gift Cards?

Should Steam have gift cards that you can buy at the store (ex. $15, $25, $50 cards)?
TheMC173 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
DarkByke
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 140
Posts: 1,135
No they should not. They already have steam funds.
DarkByke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
aceofspadess
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 38
At least in paysafecard.com (or whatever their site is) they say that paysafecard would work in steam but at least in finland it doesnt. It would be like a same thing.
aceofspadess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Cheeze939
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Smile

Say you want to buy Modern Warfare 2. Now, you don't have a credit/debit card, and you only have your money in cash. What will you do to buy Steam games? The answer? Steam gift cards!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
TacoTime
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 105
Posts: 315
Oh it's this thread again (500th time i've seen it)

There is absolutely no need, what you are describing is the same thing as loading money onto a prepaid debit card, end of discussion.
TacoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
TheMC173
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze939 View Post
Say you want to buy Modern Warfare 2. Now, you don't have a credit/debit card, and you only have your money in cash. What will you do to buy Steam games? The answer? Steam gift cards!
Sorry for getting back to this sooo late, but i have never seen a steam gift card in a store. ever.
TheMC173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
evil_buddy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 112
Posts: 499
Yes they should, as well as an option to buy virtual giftcards online. And why not? Just about everything else has giftcards available. It's strange to me that something as huge as Steam does not.
evil_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
kraze1994
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 15
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTime View Post
Oh it's this thread again (500th time i've seen it)

There is absolutely no need, what you are describing is the same thing as loading money onto a prepaid debit card, end of discussion.
Exactly but how many 13 year old kids do you know walking around with a pre paid credit card? I don't know any.

It's a good idea and should be represented. At least at game stores such as game stop.
kraze1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
TheMC173
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
Exactly but how many 13 year old kids do you know walking around with a pre paid credit card? I don't know any.

It's a good idea and should be represented. At least at game stores such as game stop.
exactly. I really like steam because of its convience, but it has no gift cards which is a bummer. But, pre-paid cards are my only option.
TheMC173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
Slinden
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 48
Posts: 836
I think it would be a good idea, since pre-paid debit cards have a service charge on them.
Slinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.