Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defy Gravity Extended

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
rickyvicious

Graphics bug changed, but still present

Hello,
I was one of the unlucky few who had the graphics bug with the game, and was exited for the patch to fix it. With the patch, and using windowed mode I was able to get past the loading screen and start a new game. However, once the camera was away from the either the beginning or ending wall, it shook back and forth extremely rapidly, essentially creating a shadow of terrain that wasn't there. I cant get a screenshot of the effect, since each frame is fine itself, but it looks like the jextaposition of these two images, which i took in quick succession. Theres no blurring, just flashing back and forth between these two:

I have a Radeon 6850 graphics card, windows 7. I run on 1920x1080 resolution, but also adjusted it to see if it would solve the problem.

Look forward to playing the game when I can!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
P51mus

Getting the same issue.
P51mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
eats

Fish Factory Games
Something very bizarre is happening there because the background should not be smaller than the playfield. It looks like *maybe* the game can't accurately predict what resolution your display is at. I have an idea that could work.....let me test some stuff and get back to you(hopefully tonight)
eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
eats

Fish Factory Games
So I have a new patch that is going up that allows a commandline flag which forces a windowed mode at 1280×720

The problem here lies with xna 3.1 compatibility issues with your video cards. The draw stuff that I am doing should be valid and working perfectly, and it does work on like 95% of video cards.

If this fix doesn't work the only option left is to try to update the whole game to run on xna 4. This would be pretty difficult to do so I don't know if it is feasible.

Hopefully I can get this patch live tomorrow and it will resolve your issues.

However I'm not sure that will be possible, and I am going to be out of town for the rest of the week. I don't want to push a patch live when I am not here in case something goes wrong. So worst case scenario it would go up next Monday, but hopefully I can get it live tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #5
dethzord

Game is unplayable, even with the new windowed mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uaUMRfQGA

No offense, but your game has not been tested enough to be released, it seems.
dethzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
eats

Fish Factory Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethzord View Post
Game is unplayable, even with the new windowed mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uaUMRfQGA

No offense, but your game has not been tested enough to be released, it seems.
People complaining of bugs represent far less than 0.1% of buyers. In fact they represent less than 0.01%. So unless you think there are like 500+ people not reporting that the game does not run for them at all than you are being pretty unreasonable with your criticism.

We are working hard on your issue though. Not because we think it will be financially rewarding, but because you bought our game and we want to do right by our customers.

I am trying to push this patch today which will hopefully resolve the problem.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
rickyvicious

It works now thank you for all your work to resolve this issue! The game is really great so far; thanks for all you hard work.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defy Gravity Extended