Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
TecnoBacon

STALKERSOUP

HELLO ALL STALKERs!!!!

This is to announce a new BETA release of the popular Russian mod Narodnaya Solyanka or The People's Soup.

visit http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stalkersoup/

also visit tecnobacon.com the home of TB3D for more details
Old 08-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Bombastix

A new beta?? I just finished installing the "old" one...

Very promising, great work!
Bombastix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
shady1202

look I'm still confused
are there more than one types of NS mod?
which one is recommended?
shady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
shady1202

@tecnobacon
I was just going through the images on you site
It sure does looks awesome
the only thing i felt weird is weight carrying capacity
191kg limit is unreal....isn't it
100kg limit is OK
Old 08-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
Jashin

Banned
So many updates x_x
Jashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #6
R_usty

Just to clarify, this is STANDALONE, you just download the files in the download section and copy the gamedata folder to the stalker root folder, and then swap the vanilla user.ltx with the one included in the mod. This is the newest version with lots of stuff added (right side of the website lists everything). A guide wasn't included in this version but can be very helpful if you haven't played Narodnaya before. Here's a link
Some parts are google translated though.
R_usty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
shady1202

Is it all English or Russian in between?
and what do I have too do?
SOC-->patch 1.0005-->copy gamedata folders in SoC's gamedata directory-->replace the ltx file-->play?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
R_usty

Exactly, also don't forget to use the modified xrgame.dll included in the optional folder to enable STALKER to use 4GB ram. Also, if you haven't installed any mods yet, go into fsgame.ltx (root folder) and change the gamedata = false to = true (should be the one of the first lines in the file). Also, play with the new graphics options like hdr intensity and sun intensity, and change the gamma/contrast/brightness into something you like (I prefer a bit lighter but some like the dark/grim look more).
User.ltx is usually located here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC
I believe it's 'fully translated', the important parts are properly translated and most of the side dialogue is google translated with some edits. There's a savegame to skip the cave level if you're stuck there, it can be quite frustrating if you don't know the way.
One more tip: if you pick up artifacts with +radiation, even if you don't put them on your belt they will gradually give you radiation sickness, so put them in the container Sidorovich gives you.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #9
shady1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_usty View Post
Exactly, also don't forget to use the modified xrgame.dll included in the optional folder to enable STALKER to use 4GB ram. Also, if you haven't installed any mods yet, go into fsgame.ltx (root folder) and change the gamedata = false to = true (should be the one of the first lines in the file). Also, play with the new graphics options like hdr intensity and sun intensity, and change the gamma/contrast/brightness into something you like (I prefer a bit lighter but some like the dark/grim look more).
I believe it's 'fully translated', the important parts are properly translated and most of the side dialogue is google translated with some edits. There's a savegame to skip the cave level if you're stuck there, it can be quite frustrating if you don't know the way.
One more tip: if you pick up artifacts with +radiation, even if you don't put them on your belt they will gradually give you radiation sickness, so put them in the container Sidorovich gives you.
ah...thanks for the help
also I'm still confused. Are there more than one types of NS mod?
I mean tecnobacon recently uploaded 2.35gigs mod(1.3.4 i guess) and there is 1.3.2 also.
which one is recommended?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
R_usty

Basically, there's the version in Pseudostomp's first post which is the main Narodnaya Soljanka called 14.08 (with translations that need to be added). Then there's Narodnaya Soljanka DMX 1.3.2 which is basically that version but expanded with cars, weapons and other stuff. Then there's DMX 1.3.2 dkz 02 which is a version of DMX 1.3.2 improved upon by dkz with a weather mod and various tweaks/optional addons. Now there's two recent releases: DMX 1.3.4 (russian) translated by boutch I believe, and then Tecnobacon's version of DMX 1.3.4 (again with tweaks and weapons/addons). With this info reading Snork's guide shouldn't be too hard.
About recommendations, I believe Tecnobacon has worked very hard to make his version the most stable one of this mod, but you'll need a decent rig to play it. Snork had this to say about it:
Quote:
This mod needs 13 Gigs of HD space. ("Taste" Narodnaya Solyanka first if you are new to the mod, or if you do not have at least a dual core system with an x64 OS, 4 Gigs & a strong video card)

Last edited by R_usty: 08-02-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #11
TecnoBacon

DAY 1

Welcome all to STALKERSOUP!

I checked the Sid repair issue, it was missed in the release, sorry. I think there might be another one we found just before packaging that occurs when you ask for interesting news from Wolf.

The package that finally got uploaded was one of our testers copy as it was in use at the time of the site move. I will get a patch out as quickly as I can. the error is actually just a bad comment line in the trader script and Wolf is a format character error in his dialog.

There were many of these in the 134 patch from DMX (he started using cryllic characters for qoutes and brackets which turn into double qoutes during translation.

I will also download Boutch's translations and see if the 134 part is done better than ours, still using DKZ mostly for 132 trans.

Thanks ALL for the bug reports! Keep em coming, as well as suggestions and tweaks. For those who really like sharing pictures, I have started a Facebook community called STALKERSOUP for that purpose.
Please keep using stalkersoup@tecnobacon.com for issues and suggests, it's actually working! I have 2 registered bugs and the shadowing issue so far, the user.ltx you have was set up for a 52in HD and was being used to verify the new particles.xr, why it looks a little funky.

DMX made some anomolies and artefacts hard to see and detect on purpose so you have a need for the advanced detectors. I will look into adding an option to halo them with light for those who like to barrel thru the Zone.

Keep in mind too that there is an extended game story that you must play thru in order to get to some of the new places, the teleporter does NOT contain these locations as it WILL break the scripting and all you will have is a bunch of NPCs and monsters standing around doing nothing, or CTD everytime you spawn.

The Collector mod quests are on by default and will kick in as soon as you find the first document, pay attention to your log.

The walk-thru that is on-line via links from Snork, it's the best there is. Since the wrong package went up, you don't have my main notes, I posted the active keys on the modders page for you.
I like the numpad + and - for HUD on/off (not god mode tho).

Also there is a new button in your PDA called options, the radio is 100%, sounds good too, the notepad functions but was designed for MP which I do have working on local LAN but on-line are not functioning ATT.

Enjoy, and a patch will come very soon.
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
TecnoBacon

NORMAL PCs

Those of you that do not have 'Killer Machines' can still play this mod as long as you have the disk space 13g + Steam.

Use static lighting, turn your brightness and contrast down one notch and leave the gamma where it is, this should give a decent atmosphere still.

Everyone should have -noprefetch in the start options, I am using our own customized version of smart terrain which uses level info to prefetch and balance the environment. This optimization will be most noticed when many NPCs or creatures spawn. You wil have staggers as that is the AI of each NPC being synchronized, it will always happen in the XR3DA engine, we can just spread it out a little.

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #13
TecnoBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_usty View Post
REMEMBER that if you use my fsgame.ltx; your user.ltx, savegames and screenshots will go to your SHOC root as _appdata_ and NOT in your document folders.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
jiminator

so how do you use detectors anyway? Adding to belt is fine, but instructions say it has to be turned on. How to do that? And what about cooking artifacts? How is that done? (Missed these in the readme.) (Missed the readme also...)
jiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
R_usty

Simply double clicking the detector should add the detector to your sidearm slot, then equip it with '2'. About cooking artifacts, should be in the guide I linked. You'll get recipes mostly by doing sidemissions and talking with people.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series